GH: April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Geary isnt a bad actor per say. He just stopped trying to produce a good performance in so long its hard to remember he could actually act. JE carries him most of the time.

RoH was a decent Paul Ryan on Atwt to me but he failed to be good somewhere in the mid-90ies.

And the less being said about Burton the better. How the guy survived this long on GH with mostly two emotions (angry and constipated) is beyond me.

But i really cant explain how Naxie even have supporters. They had a few scenes back in early january and RP was even more awkward then than he is now and they had 3 seconds on screen today. What am I missing?

• Members

As for the sibling "twist," it's just more parodies of parodies. It's so soapy!!!! Ron hates soaps and he only believes they are of value if he is regurgitating Soapdish fanfic. In his mind Soapdish is what soaps should have been, because that's his idea of cool and hip. There's a reason why he was so giddy about being torn apart on The Soup until someone presumably asked him to stop.

• Members

Ron doesn't hate soaps, he loves them. He just has a very narrow view of what soaps can or should be, and a poor barometer for taste and depth vs. the stories and eras he reveres. He's too much a fan, and too in love with his cleverness - and he doesn't have the patience to do a fraction of the character work we saw in all those years he loved. If something is fun and silly or calls back to the past he remembers well from his own years of viewing he'll take that over a character scene or a character-driven or progressively-minded plotline anytime. And because he's such a fan he's come to internalize the idea that he's the arbiter of what he can do with characters he's known and loved so well as a member of the audience - killing A.J. again, having Todd re-rape Marty, letting Robin abandon her family. It's okay because he's watched these shows for so long and he loves them all so much, how could he ever really be doing them wrong?

Archived