GH: April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

And the biggest problem with this is that the replacement family is weak. ME, RP, Kemo, (add in KT, but she's better than the rest) are all very weak performers and should not be allowed to carry a story. All of the players in this story are not worth 1/10 of one Q. Gatti is a pretty good performer, but Dr. O is a clown that should only be referenced in past tense.

Families come and go all the time on soaps, and I'd be ok if there was a sufficient replacement for the Qs. Reeves - Clay is NOT!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO, he only ties people together because he gets such high praise for how "creative" he is making someone related to someone else. It's getting really tiresome that EVERYONE has some secret relative.

Really?

It's as bad as the frequent and overdone pregnancy storylines.

+1

• Members

I don't know why I am supposed to care about anyone in the Clay/Reeves/etc. sphere of the canvas. Talk about death on toast. It's like the Ford family saga on OLTL all over again. It's ruining Kathleen Gati on the show along with her other forced hijinks - they could've made a go of her as a scheming COS, but with less broad storylines - and it's a horrible waste of Donna Mills. The surprise siblings thing is just lousy.

• Members

When O first showed up in PC in that Fedora and turned to the audience, I was like "yes, we have ourselves a winner". It took all but 2 or 3 eppies to show that I would hate her for life. Dancing in that bathrobe in the hotel room last year was heartbreaking. Real villains don't behave like clowns and if we laugh, it's not due to clown activities. I cannot stand the sight of that woman now and ff all of her scenes. I didn't watch yesterday but learning she was Mills' sister did nothing for me. It was just a "clever" way to tie her even more to the canvas.

• Members

Why they have Finola Hugues supportin everybody else's storyline instead of Anna having a real one is beyond me but I thought she was magnificent today. Nothing new to me i think she's a gem but felt the need to throw it out there :D

• Members

I don't mind Obrecht being a little campy and having a little fun, but Ron never does anything just a little bit.

They could've run on Obrecht skirting the law and being the evil COS for a long time, but instead she's immediately stealing babies and holding people hostage with what will ultimately be no repercussions. Then we can do it again in another 4-6 months. Hooray, it's Heather again except she gets absolutely no time off! Too much of two great actresses, ruining them for the viewers. And now they're trying to get gay cred putting her with Donna Mills, and it's just - hollow. Look as a gay viewer I love Donna Mills, I really enjoy Kathleen Gati but as it is now I don't care about Madeline, I'm tired of Obrecht. Put them together and I hate all of it. It's trying to go for a quick fix of Gay Gasp instead of telling a coherent storyline with anything beyond arch gay cartoons.

• Members

I may regret asking this but it's an honest question with no offense meant: is Donna Mills a gay "icon?" Does she have the power to give gay cred? My gay offliner friend usually keeps me up to date on this stuff but he quit watching GH ages ago.

• Members

Nothing to regret asking. To my mind she is because of Knots Landing, but admittedly it is also partly of a generation before me - Knots was wrapping up by the time I got into primetime TV as a kid. I didn't become aware of the glories of Donna Mills until much later on, but I had certainly heard tell of her legend from eldergays beforehand. And I think her KL character fills all the requirements - tough-as-nails bitch goddess with a steely heart. Ron has tried hard to invoke the spectre of her Knots character on GH, right down to clumsily aping her classic lines, but you can't do that with a walk-on who's here for 12 rushed, kludged-together episodes.

Archived