GH: April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought they were alright on that one day together, but that was one day. Since then he has proven to be beyond lousy. He's not fit for any serious frontburner storyline, let alone with Maxie. It's going to come off like Bo Buchanan dragging his dead son around on OLTL. Kirsten will be playing the role of Bo, and Ryan Paevey will be Dead Drew. I can't with this guy. You could give him lighter sex-driven fare with someone else, some fling, but really, the show doesn't need him.

• Members

No, they had chemistry for sure. One episode isn't enough to gauge anything though.

I find that surprising, I think Kirsten is actually one of the cast members that has the most chemistry with the others (romantic or platonic). I kind of figured that's why they've kept her around, she comes off as endearing and charismatic to me.

• Members

Kirsten used to be, but she was sleepwalking through her return IMO. I can see why, as it sucked and none of it was about Maxie anyway, but I felt like there was a huge difference from what she was before she left.

• Members

You mean from when she left and came back when Jen Lilley was playing her right? I think having such a heavy storyline as the surrogate has hindered some of the old spirit. Plus, the character has matured quite a bit and I believe is coming back zen-like and borderline hippie so we'll see how Kirsten plays this side of Maxie, if any differently at all.

• Members

To me, the whole "Eat Pray Love" story angle is made significantly less 'clever' - though I'm sure many will fawn over it - given the fact that before Maxie left they went out of their way to have her and her loved ones say over and over onscreen that "Maxie is going to do this 'Eat Pray Love' thing." It's not exactly a witty lift from a popular film if you have the character say outright, 'for my next storyline I am going to go emulate a popular film.'

• Members

I can't deny the show is a mess right now. But I agree, hopefully being Spinelli-less and fancy-free will give a boost to the Maxie character!

I thought the "Love" part was more in reference to self love and self improvement but I guess it means romantically since she shows up with that Levi hippie dude. But I've never seen the film so what do I know?

• Members

I would've been more happy to see her with Michael, which is about the best idea for Maxie's new man - and a clever foil for her, at that - that I've ever heard. CD has brilliant comic timing has a straight man, and I think that would be unconventional genius. As it is, Ryan Paevey is not exactly bringing anything to the table but his body, so I'm already bored with this. It's even worse than the other boring, forced pairings they used to hurl at Maxie at Brian Frons's behest - in the old days he always seemed to be the one who wanted something, anything for Maxie other than Spinelli, and they kept shoving her at the nearest hot guys for 'hot' pairings with sexy Kirsten Storms - because all of those guys, even the very boring Jason Gerhardt (Coop), were better actors than this lunk. Even Jesse, Kindergarten Cop. This is just going to be pain. Kirsten Storms running circles around an attractive, brooding man talking a mile a minute - we've all seen this before.

• Members

I'd take that over this. I don't care. Johnny Zacchara? It's not great for Maxie, but he's a good character and it's a reasonable alternative. Plenty of offscreen pairings have been paired onscreen - some work, some don't. Like Wally Kurth and Rena Sofer.

Archived