GH: April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

My problem with Rylan is I just see a lot of acting, not emotional connection, but admittedly i have never liked Lulu and the writing makes it impossible to connect with anyone. I can see why you'd want to defend her, especially when I see some fans working overtime to defend shitstains like Obrecht.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she's talented. I thought she was wildly overrated on CBS, especially at Y&R where she just did not fit, but I liked her on GL despite the horrid conditions. I think she's a much more empathetic Lulu than Berman's became. They just don't give her strength or good material beyond sobbing and rending her garments. Ron abandoned any variety for Lulu when he was forced to accept no one wanted to watch Lulu as Swinging Teen Jessica Buchanan Mark II. Now she gets nothing but this. But she makes a meal of what she has, IMO. I enjoy her, my heart broke for her last fall and then again recently. I just wish they'd give her something fun.

• Members

The guy that plays Det West sort of woke up this week. He actually fluctuated his voice and put intonations in his dialogue. I like this twist with Dr O and Donna Mills because at least these characters are on our screen (unlike Nina and Gloccamora or whatever his name was). I hope they go the incest route with West and Britta but I doubt it.

• Members

Did Franco just go on an impassioned rant about how Sonny kills people while judging him even though for him killing people is "an intensely personal experience"? Am I high right now? Poor Laura Wright. Poor Roger Howarth. Poor America.

• Members
I thought Rylan sold Lizzie's pain over her daughter Sarah "dying" in GL more than she did in this storyline. She just comes across as unempathetic at times and I'm not an Britt/Obrecht fan who is saying that make them look good like them look good by comparison.

• Members

With the exception of that one stupid stupid stupid line, I loved the Francly scenes. I especially love that Carly had a voice. No, it won't last, but it was still nice to see her stand tall against FrankenTodd and his pettiness. I am still pissed that Michael is grieving off screen. This is still about him, right?

Up until recently, Rylan has been doing a fantastic job. Not sure what's going on now, but I can sure tell you this - the director, if s/he was present yesterday, needs to be fired! Tuesday's show ended with an overwhelmed Lulu seeing her (Britta's) son and Wednesday was just a flop. It didn't pack the emotional punch that it should have. Lulu walking over to her son saying they should take him to the doctor is not what I wanted to see. There should have been tears flowing to where you could grow rice with her clinging to that kid for dear life. I got nothing.

As for the Australian dog that followed Maxie home, !@#$%^&*] him! Don't care and he's just ff material. All of the other newbies, nope, still don't care. I ff all of them 97% of the time.

If you ff all the newbies, it literally takes about 6-8 minutes to watch this show, which is good because Summer is approaching and I want to spend little time in front of the TV.

• Members

I hate sonny with the power of a thousand suns but I still loathe Franco more.

I hate the Cranco buckett of puke scenes.

Carly is fine with Franco having orchestrated Michael's rape behind barres but draws a line at Franco saling Sonny down the river? Really?

The Cranco/Solivia angle is the worst part of the whole Aj's murder storyline and we get endless of scenes devoted to these idiots? I wanna see the remaining Qs bending together as they deal with yet another of their own dying a violent death and the mob aspect to play second fiddle to the whole storyline.

• Members

Why do I feel so guilty right now?

But I think my Scummy hate began with the eppy of Carly chasing that fool around the living room trying to get him to take his meds. That soured me to Scummy. It really did. And I will be honest, if FrankenTodd is being used to break that sick disgusting one sided CarSon "bond", let's do it. I will say FrankenTodd is the best thing to happen to GH in a long time. I mean it. I hate how GH has sold to the audience a man like Sonny would have women given up religion for his ass when NOTHING onscreen has showed us why? He's a slimy maggot who hides behind women and children. This has been consistent no matter who's penning GH. This little greasy fool has expired!

• Members

You shouldn't feel guilty. You like who you like. Nothing wrong with that.

I just feel like the show is playing games. Sonny is still front and center and will still be the victor. It's just that they know Franco needs more fan support.

• Members

Yeah, you like who you like but OMG NO to FrankenTodd being the best thing. OMG NO. He's one of the worst things. IMO.

That said, if I could ignore EVERYTHING, those scenes were actually good yesterday. I've always said RH and LW work well together, doesn't mean they should force the character of Franco to work because of it.

• Members

I think soon enough we will be made to feel sorry for Scummy. I will feel NOTHING but manipulations. Ordinarily, I would see them trying to prop a pet at the expense of a vet, but I'm not seeing that here, evidenced by Carly reminding FrankenTodd (with very few words) that there was no place for his superior attitude towards Scummy, especially after the things he had done. The cat certainly had his tongue, and I liked it. Not in a STFU way, but as two lovers disagreeing and one certainly needing to bring it down several notches. That was a good scene and well played, IMHO.

Unlike what Crappy did to Jason, Scummy's history is front and center here. This is his MO. Shooting first and asking no questions and having someone clean up the mess. Now that Jason is not here to fix this, Scummy is hiding behind Carly and Michael jeopardizing Carly's relationship with her son. Not one person can say Scummy is OOC. Not one!

• Members

I'm so over Scummy (love it!). I really am. I was so hoping Benard exit rumors were true. I want Scummy gone and I'm tired of him being on every day. He must have really bitched about his lack of airtime because my god are they making up for it now.

Laura Wright has been excellent though. She's so good. And I loved how Carly basically told Franco to shut it because he had no right to judge. That's how it should have been all of this time, and the problem is exactly what Laura stated in the Fairman interview, he saves Michael, Franco gets laid and boom, there's the love story. Awful.

Archived