When was the last time we heard "The role of ...is being played by..." in a soap?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was around Summer 1987, I don't think they actually swapped back and forth between Brenda and Jess in the episode, but I'm assuming they just decided to show that same first scene twice. They probably ended the episode before with Brenda doing that one scene and then they just had Jess re-do the same scene and so forth........The scene with Jill and Katherine talking in the courthouse about Phillip's birthday and then Jill saying she might throw up, is said to be Brenda's last ever episode, then the next scene with Jill at the door is Jess's first officially episode as Jill.........I read that Jess also subbed for Brenda a few days in March of that year before taking over full time that summer......

This makes me wish I had watched more of those 1986-87 German dubbed episodes that use to be on youtube. all the episodes from those years were available I believe and I would have loved to have seen exactly how often Jess subbed for Brenda.

• Members

Yeah Brenda talks about how she called in sick one day then went to work the next day. She was told she was on suspension for one week and they had someone to play Jill. She went to her dressing room & saw Deb Adair and left the studio. Brenda returned a week later

• Members

I wouldn't be surprise if they had Jess stand-by while Brenda was there filming her scenes......She looks so done with everything in those clips (Brenda that is) I bet they were more than willing to let Jess take over the rest of filming if Brenda caused a commotion....

If only I was smart enough to again save all those german episodes that are now deleted from youtube.

• Members

Woah my memory was playing tricks on me! I remembered Robin wearing white and being drugged at a party, and passing out but I was sure a car trunk was involved! LOL Where she got hidden into and then recast. I'm getting old LOL

• Members

I don't know if it's still on YouTube, but a few years ago we had a discussion about a video montage of Dickson, Walton, AND Adair all flip-flopping in the role of Jill around the same time. I think it had its own thread. Melinda O. Fee as Jill is also on YouTube.

Archived