When was the last time we heard "The role of ...is being played by..." in a soap?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, what happened to Jennifer Gareis. Seeing that and her now the differences are really noticable. Shame.

And that real Greenlee commercial was ridiculous. I mean, I understand why they did it (promoting Budig's return), I guess, and it makes sense, but they clearly didn't give a crap about the current actress, which was awful. Really bad move on their part. If Singh had been long gone for months and then they aired those promos, fine.

• Members

That AMC recast midscene is PREPOSTEROUS lol

...but effective. I thought the transition was very smooth. I liked it.

The Passions vid cracked me up, seriously! And what's with CC Capwell being recast 4 times in less than 6 months?! I can't believe it :D

About VOs: I hate it when an actor from the show does the v.o. (like Peter Bergman on Y&R). I mean, can't they find anyone else?

• Members

Santa Barbara did the risk as well with a midscene recast. Terry Lester came in drunk as Mason at Julia's place. A friend of Julia, Dash hit him in the face. He went down. When Mason got up, the role was from that moment played by Gordon Thomson. Gordons Mason left the place. He just stood outside of the house and the VO said: The role of Mason Capwell will be now played by Gordon Thomson. In the next episode, just before the opening credits, the VO came again when the camera zoomed in Gordons face. Effective and emphasizing at the same time!

Archived