B&B: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quinn was a fierce, nasty bitch to Donna when confronted and she handled Liam like a pro with the whole "I'm not talking to you until you calm down" bit. And the "shut up, Donna" laugh.png

Gag me with the rest of Monday's episode.

Oh, the Christmas episode! It was great. So wonderful to finally see Thorne, Kristen, Felicia, Tony.

Alley Mills can get me crying in a few seconds flat. What a fantastic actress. Her little aside with Kristen and Felicia was terrific.

Brooke looked gorgeous. My God. When Ridge said he brought R.J., I feared he would be SORASed but thankfully he was not. Better to screw with continuity than screw with another next generation character. And, daaaaamn, KKL's chemistry with TK is HOT. SIZZLING. Too bad they probably won't get that much story since the show is singularly obsessed with the triangle from hell.

Speaking of which, how amazing was it that we were spared Hope/Liam/Steffy? Although there were so many other omissions.

Caroline and Rick were actually very sweet, getting each other the same present.

Such a much needed break from B&B's one storyline & I saw people I actually care about.

Yep, Brooke & Ridge went to the jungle to get remarried in 2003, unaware that Sheila was there. Ridge fell over into a boiler and, thinking he was dead, Brooke had grief sex with Nick. Naturally, her mistake was revealed soon after, but she was already pregnant!!! Soapy goodness. I believe she initially passed the child off as Ridge's.

I hated that storyline but, compared to the crap we've seen since, even 2003 B&B was excellent.

I agree completely. Not about her being connected to Massimo. That worked for me. But her 2003 return was so unbelievably bad and badly unbelievable and it ruined her. It was completely unnecessary and she barely hang around, too. It was just.... ugh. He should have left well enough alone.

• Members

I can't with this show's laziness. On the 24th it was Christmas, where everyone acted like they knew Ridge was there but on the 26th they pick up right after the episode on the 23rd and everyone's surprised to see Ridge is back. Seriously, they couldn't plan this better? Do they even give more that zero f.ucks?

And, what is this? The show had more than one storyline in the same episode? They had TWO cliffhangers? Shocked! :lol:

Looks like the Bill/Brooke thing is going to come out sooner than I thought--just in time to wrap it up and move on!

• Members

Funny that I just saw this:

If you want the REALLY condensed version of the jungle craziness, Ridge falling into the boiler and then returning to Brooke, it's in this clip from 0:42-0:57, and 1:09-1:15. Because, really, you honestly get the gist of the whole thing lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvmNi3sR5g

• Members

B&B! Three storylines in one episode? You are definitely spoiling me! :D

Quinn threw some epic digs at Donna: "I'm sure you have deep, important thoughts all the time." "The island of Hawaii is bigger than what appears on the map." Their rivalry is bringing some much needed bitchery to the show.

TK should never say the word "lunch" again. But his line about Bill exiting in French was funny. You can easily tell Mulcahey was writing. And it's funny how Ridge mentioned the "new Cafe Russe" since we were just talking about it. If only we would actually see the set again; I miss restaurant scenes in soaps.

I am SO glad Liam finally called Hope out on her immature & premature reactions. If only he would slap the shi.t out of her. I wonder if she will say yes to his 100th proposal. I bet she'll respond with something like, "Yes, nothing happened with Steffy but there are FEELINGS and HISTORY and IT'S NOT OVER YET and I SAW SOMETHING and blah blah blah. I think I figured out Bell's plan, though. He will make them almost get married so many times that we will ultimately BEG for the two of them to do it, so that we can be done with this. I know I am.

Surprised that Katie is still holding her ground and that Brooke told Ridge the truth. I guess this was the great, dramatic return of Ridge?

I agree, I love that they do Christmas shows. But they could at least try to make it have a little sense. Y&R would do this as well, where the episode after a holiday would pick up after the episode before the last. But at the very least none of the characters that was on the holiday episode was on before or after it & certainly nothing that was known to the characters was then suddenly unknown.

• Members

I miss Emmy montages! B&B's 2004 Emmy montage was inadvertly outrageously funny at least for the first part. I definitely do NOT miss Massimo, Ozzy, Nick and company. The Portofino remote was stunning.

Wow Sean Kanan looked dirrrty in a sexy kind of way even introducing the clip. That man oozes sex. He was my first soap crush and I've always had a soft spot for him. I wish he'd get back in shape.

As for the last clip, I'm enjoying Quinn and Donna but that dialogue was kinda lame, I thought. Badly written. Or maybe the acting was off (on JG's part... I'm liking RS). Whatever. We'll see where it goes. I miss when the Bell soaps used to be a bitchfest.

• Members

Hope brought it up and he told her when it looked like it wasnt going to happen, Steffy got the hint and left.

and Hope is immature. She needs to be called out. What she did was the same silly childish tactics she's been pulling for years. Liam did nothing wrong in this latest ordeal

Archived