Classic TV Stars That Would Of Been Good On Soaps.

• Members

This may have been done before, but what classic TV stars do you think would have been good on soaps ?

I was recently watching some old episodes of the 80's show Matt Houston starring Lee Horsley. I think Lee would have been good as Victor's brother Matt Miller. Pamela Hensley his co-star would have made an interesting Jill.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carroll O'Connor. He would have been brilliant on a well-written, intimate, half-hour soap like RH.

I often see theatre or film stars on classic TV and think they'd have been great on a soap. Ben Gazzara, Kim Stanley, Mary Astor...

• Members

I could see Elizabeth Montgomery on any of the soaps.

Jaclyn Smith as a sister to Jill on Y&R.

Karen Valentine as another sister to Jil on Y&R.

Kristy McNichol in the lesbian storyline on B&B.

Vanna White as a 4th Spencer sibling Cathleen on B&B.

• Members

For a time, Esther Rolle played Sadie Gray on OLTL. I don't remember what year(s) and her episodes most likely no longer exist, but I sure would have liked to have seen that.

I second Elizabeth Montgomery. What a beautiful lady. She could have busted out her Serena wig and played Viki and Dorian.

• Members

Interesting; I didn't know that. She certainly could be very dramatic on Good Times ("Damn!...Damn!....DAMN!" laugh.png ), so I figured she'd be a great fit on a soap opera.

As for Vivian Vance, I was picturing a Myrtle Fargate-type character (this would be in the '70s when Viv was older). Raymond Burr could play a wealthy patriarch, and Nat Schafer would be great as a wealthy matriarch (a la Phoebe English Tyler-Wallingford).

• Members

I wonder what Patricia Richardson from Home Improvement would have been like as Margo on ATWT. I would liked to see her cast as a sister to Hilary B. Smith's on a soap.

Ann Jillian was hilarious in the Y&R spoof in the movie Mr. Mom. She would have been awesome on a soap.

Dana Plato (before she got screwed up) as a Patty Williams recast.

Archived