Classic TV Stars That Would Of Been Good On Soaps.

• Members

Tonight on Antenna TV, they aired the Diff'rent Strokes episode where Conrad Bain and Dana play dual roles in drag, mother and son Dutch Drummond cousins.

Ricardo Montalban may have been a little too "big" for daytime, but the Alfred Hitchcock presents episode he stars in with Constance Ford is one of my favorites.

Mabel King as a bitchy matriarch who reigned from a chaise lounge a la that overweight lady with all of the Pomeranians in The Age of Innocence would have been fun

Moses Gunn had a very strong soap patriarch vibe, as did Paul Winfield. Mary Alice, another great possibility. Beah Richards had a small role on Capitol, but she could have been dynamite in a super dramatic role that really called upon her strengths.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Natalie Schafer played Helen Collins, Wade and Clay's mother, on "Search for Tomorrow." I believe that role was similar to the one you would expect. Much earlier in her career she appeared as a nurse in the final weeks of "Three Steps to Heaven." The episode is available for viewing at the Paley Center. Schafer's character can be seen consoling Mary Claire, the show's heroine while her brother/husband are recovering from injuries sustained in a fire.

• Members

Royal Dano would have made a good villain too. Someone like Roberts Blossom's character Sven on Another World.

Lisa Whelchel from Facts of Life would have fit in with the 80s era soaps. I could see her playing someone like Mindy Lewis on Guiding Light.

Archived