OLTL Shelved

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. You fund projects through Kickstarter not businesses. PP needs to resolve it's legal and creative issues with OLTL on its own. Plus having some fan campaign collecting donations for a third party is just asking for trouble. I saw that happen with people trying to bring back Firefly. Joss Whedon had to step in and tell people not to donate because it wasn't his idea and he wanted nothing to do with it.

• Members

Kickstarter is no kind of professional option for a project like this.

Whatever they're saying the issue is with OLTL, I believe what it truly comes down to is the same thing that I suspect the HW changes came down to at both shows - money. They do not currently have enough funds to run both. AMC edged out OLTL in the Hulu (and OWN) ratings so it keeps running. If OLTL is to go on, they need cash.

• Members

Erika Slezak said she signed a one year contract in January 2013. So that means it expires in January 2014

Why would AMC & OLTL actors have different cotracts

Every actor signed for a year cause the union deals were just a year which ES also confirmed back in April

Michael Logan doesnt know [!@#$%^&*]

• Members

I'm sorry, but Michael Logan works for TV Guide and has been building relationships in the soap community since the 80s. If he says something then I tend to believe it. Whether the contracts expire next month or in January, this show stands to lose a lot of actors, especially recurring ones. You can't expect these actors to sit around and wait for a mystery return date that according to PP might not ever come. They should have an obvious plan in place to avoid something like this. Even if the show DOES come back, these actors are losing money since they aren't filming as much as they were promised. OLTL really got royally screwed. Both by ABC and by PP.

• Members

I just don't think OLTL is gone for good. I think they have a good chance of winning the lawsuit besides they still have the rights if they loose. I honestly think they are in it for the long haul and I doubt they would do that to the actors. That said, why not create a OLTL spin-off with the primary characters?? I am sure they could buy the individual characters easier than buying the actual show.

• Members

That's not what he said. He said that he personally had no faith for a resolution given everything that has happened thus far. That is a fair opinion to have, especially since all Prospect Park has released has made it clear there IS a possibility that OLTL won't be coming back.

Archived