OLTL Shelved

• Members

OLTL fans we need to let it go, OLTL is simply over. In primetime if this was a new show it would be cancelled after a season. 80 percent of primetime shows get cancelled in one season. Most never make it past a second season. Most shows last between 5-7 years now long term and if they last more then 10 thats crazy. OLTL came back it simply failed as an internet show. I agree with TeamEric there was complete apathy about the new OLTL nobody was talking about it, it wasted vets and it just didn't click. AMC on the other hand for some reason meshed better and if PP had to keep one I can see why keeping AMC the name brand a bit bigger, the show was better and the Lucci appearance. OLTL returning is slim to none. We should be lucky we got one season. I just feel people have moved on. I loved OLTL treasured the show for years but all shows come to an end at one point.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC still has enough work to do to stabilize its own "universe" without folding in a crossover stunt based on a decade old story. Especially when one of those characters is existing five years in the future, two others (Kevin/Kelly) aren't on the show and one or both of those would be played by a different actor.

• Members

It's not like that story was that memorable for OLTLers. Most of the drama for those kids was right there on AMC - most of the Buchanans they interacted with are off-canvas or dead. Or Kelly. I personally can't see a point, unless there was at some point some sort of Buchanan/Chandler gala on both shows, which might be fun, and you had Nigel or a returned Kevin bump into A.J. for a quick line or two.

I will say that whenever Miranda calls him "Ace" I get a nice twinge, and that's more than enough for me.

• Members

Well UNTIL PP officially cancels OLTL, I will believe a 2nd season will occur. Even if PP doesnt move forward I will be grateful we got 40 more views of Llanview

I understand if you need to move on for yourself that is cool, but please refrain from telling OLTL fans as a whole what we Need to be doing

yeah Thats what Im thinking a big party with both casts and they meet. Not a full fledged story

• Members

I don't remember twenty characters crossing over at all. I remember, off the top of my head, Kevin, Kelly, Paul, Babe, Asa, maybe Dorian, Adam, the babies, that's about it. But I was mostly paying attention to OLTL. It wasn't really OLTL-centric in any way.

Malone's second run was a crazy-balls disaster. It was very imaginative and colorful; it was also mostly terrible, but it really believed in itself, so it gets a good sportsmanship award at the end of summer camp. Though yes, Dena was even worse.

• Members

In fairness, I have been watching the SN reruns from the tornado, etc. when Amanda Baker's Babe bought the farm, and they had little A.J. there. I remember the kid calling both Babe and Marissa "Mommy" (which I found inappropriate re: Marissa, especially Brittany Allen's Marissa). I'm not saying they need to dig deep back into those halcyon days of the Carey twins, but I do think some insight into A.J.'s thought process about his "mothers" someday might be interesting. He touched on it a bit in Season 1, but only in mostly broad terms.

Archived