OLTL Shelved

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think part of it is self-protection by battered soap fans. Part of it is a truthful acknowledgement by some people that they didn't like the product PP created, whatever the reason and sadly, a small part of it is some people who just truly want these shows to fail for any number of reasons: resistance to change, resentment at PP for the ABC/GH stuff, fanbase madness, etc...

It's the age old choice: you can either be right or happy. If this all falls apart and AMC doesn't come back, I may have been "wrong" for believing in them but for a couple of months I got to be a blissfully happy soap fan again.

• Members

A couple of soaps are up in viewers over last year, B&B in particular. If the genre were truly dying, we'd continue to see plummeting ratings on all the remaining soaps, which isn't the case. DAYS and GH are a mixed bag (ratings-wise), and Y&R is going through a difficult transition, but there's still a passionate fan base for soaps. It's the suits and production companies who are making the idiotic decisions that drive viewers away.

• Members

I think OLTL was rocky and uneven, particularly due to the BTS issues, but still a damn good start for a show that got off the ground practically overnight. It had no right to look and be as good as it was on that turnaround with all those kinds of logistics. It did things right that I haven't seen OLTL do right in a long, long time, so I don't think it was (or is) a failure by any means.

• Members

I don't think the lawsuit was PP doing as much as it is Jen Peppermen's. They didn't get upset with GH mentioning Stuart, Pine Valley, and Corinth. Also, they are still using Corinth on GH yet it is Agnes Nixon's property. Ginger Smith has every right to be just as upset for them mentioning Stuart.

• Members

Poor old Robin....

1. I'm HANGING my PORTRAIT of #DORIANLORD on my library wall. She's up she's down she's up again! Just like me (lol) I better "hang in there":)

2. http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/one-life-to-live/ DEAR FAIRMAN, get a Thesauraus? SHELVED isn't a hopeful word. POSTPONED don't make me perky-but it's an improvement:)

3. Don't call #RobinsHotline I'm so downed by this news-can't deliver upbeat glass half full-another door opens speech! I'm rooting #PP to WIN!

4. http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77251133/ This is NOT good news! NOT! I'm a Drama Queen & this is NOT a script I wanted. The fight continues..yet I ask: what??

• Members

That isn't what I meant. I think Jennifer Pepperman may have provoked the lawsuit by telling PP that ABCD misused the agreement, which was causing issues for developing OLTL 2.0. I doubt PP had someone watching GH every second and making sure they were doing what they were supposed to do so maybe PP didn't know until Someone, such as Jennifer Pepperman, brought it to there attention.

Archived