OLTL Shelved

• Members

I've seen mercy killing used in regards to certain other soaps ending.

Honestly I think the situation sucks, and I am not going to apologize for feeling this way. Many times shows have gone on hiatus and a season finale has became a series finale.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This isn't a mercy killing.. I find it hard to believe they would give up this quickly and not only that both shows despite the bumps had pretty good first seasons for shows who weren't the same quality as network soaps but of course people want the same as they got on ABC and the soap media certainly doesn't help and saying those who are hoping for a second season are "drinking the kool-aid" really rubs me the wrong way

• Members

And I loved hearing that this would be Michael Fairman's last podcast. Good job Prospect Park, let's keep interest up on AMC since you are continuing it by discontinuing a podcast which would be a good way to keep people engaged until new episodes have been produced.

The OLTL fan calling in good on them even if it was awkward. That said I feel it sucks for Michael Fairman that they don't give him additional information for the podcast so he just read what was in the LA Times verbatim.

• Members

I'm really curious to see if PP makes an official statement tomorrow. I still don't understand why they had Leslie M tweeting yesterday that she would announce S2 dates soon knowing there wouldn't be dates for OLTL fans.

I'm alternating between thinking its stick a fork in it done and surges of extreme hopefulness. Why is it so hard to be a soap fan? Why couldn't I live in the 70s? Good night all and thanks as always for being one of the sanest places for soap fan conversation.

• Members

Honestly this one season of OLTL online I can really choose to forget. I will remember how OLTL did end on ABC with a great finale, ending on a high note and had highest ratings of any of the finales. I loved ABC's OLTL finale and I will choose to remember it how it ended there. The OLTL online version just didn't work.

• Members

Yes, it's pretty ridiculous seeing people try to create this AMC vs OLTL thing. I don't think either show was a complete success. I thought both were very good for 40 episodes, meant to be 40 out of over 100 and they were BOTH improving. Where OLTL ended, they had set up a good show that the new Headwriters could've continued on with. And their cast was mostly fine. On AMC I feel they started off bad, but the show became a brilliant more traditional show as time went on. The only thing it was missing were some key cast members, which as far as we know will be resolved for season 2. Basically, both shows have been able to resolve their issues and are going into season 2 in a positive direction. This BS reason for shelving OLTL is putting bad karma on the show and making it seem like a failure. I just hate how PP was so open responding to fan emails and answering the tough questions and now they've gone into hiding and drop this news casually in the LA Times. Where is the official statement? Why didn't they speak to the actors or the crew in advance? This is like 2011.

Another thing, I wonder if they'll consider doing DVDs for these two seasons. Considering it's half hour, this is the equivalent of a 20 episode season so they can do one boxed set. That is another stream of money for them. With the More episodes and deleted scenes they can give people a reason to purchase them.

Archived