OLTL Shelved

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Boycotting AMC? That is the stupidest [!@#$%^&*] I have ever heard. You obviously don't care for AMC if you're willing to just drop it because OLTL is no longer airing. It's not that deep. Just walk away. But of course crazy ass drama queen soap fans and their wack logic instead employ such an active term as "boycotting".

I swear, if PP was your girlfriend, your friends and family would be begging you to wake the !@#$%^&*] up and break up with that flakey bitch who keeps putting you through changes.

• Members

After calming down @Prospectpk & @TOLN I really hope there will be a second season of @OneLifeToLive. I will continue to help support your efforts to get to season 2 as well as watch season 2 of @AllMyChildren. I love both these shows and so want to see more of Llanview and Pine Valley. I hope in the end, Both shows come back and that the #OLTL cast & crew get to live another day in Llanview

• Members

Well to be fair, when AMC at ABC was the most heavy plot wise was under Pratt--the only time she was literally barred from the writer's room. And even in this day and age, daytime hour soaps don't have to move at the pace these online ones did. Frankly, and yes this will be thought of by some as me thinking Aggie can do no wrong, I don't see how she is to blame here at all--except for doing what she's always done (and savvy-wise has helped her survive the industry) which is tempering her statements.

• Members

Since PP like to be vague with their wordings, you would almost think they should just say that OLTL will only come back after AMC, or some similar excuse. Then if AMC completely bombs they can just cancel both.

I had gotten used to NOT coming on here and reading more PP drama.

However, one thing is it really did el like Season 2 of AMC was already further along in production (partly due to the original filming schedule.) Ginger Smith seems to be much more actively in pre-production (ie her online interview where she had to run due to working in CT all night on some stuff) etc. So that could have played a part in making it an easier decision. I do think it sounds like we'll at least get more AMC, and foolish me I honestly don't think OLTL is dead yet, and I think the idea mentioned here that due to it having a couple more weeks of shows online they are merely waiting a couple more weeks to announce it's dead too is ridiculous.

• Members

And yes a boycott is beyond silly. It's like those who said they'd boycott all of ABC when they canceled the soaps. Conveninelty those same soap fans who loved GH said "All of ABC except GH, until that gets canceled too." People--mostly--who do that obviously just aren't that into AMC, and were into OLTL which is more than fair. But if they truly enjoyed both, really it does nobody good to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• Members
  1. To say that I am saddened would be an understatement. I will miss my xtended family, but grateful for our time together.

2. @Rob_Gorrie i love you too. Soo much. What a priviledge to work with you! Thank you for your joy!

Sure sounds final to me!

Archived