OLTL Shelved

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that's asking a bit much. Even if AMC gets all of OLTL's budget (and I don't think they would since PP still has the lawsuit to fight) I don't see how it would amount to that much.

I'll be happy with another set or two or a new opening.

Yep. Better to use it to stabilize the model they already have and increase promotion.

• Members

It will be interesting to see what changes are made to the schedule for AMC with S2 airs (and I think it will). I never watched AMC and won't now. If that's what it takes to save OLTL, I can't help it. I never liked AMC on ABC. Watched the first few episodes on Hulu and whatever aired on MORE. Just didn't do it for me. Frankly OLTL didn't either. With the exception of Clint, I really didn't get much enjoyment from it. So I was kind of moving on already, but it still pisses me off that the soap press, the GH fans and Cartini sycophants are dancing on its grave and shouting I told you so. And it just supports the argument that PP should have walked away from the characters they rightfully owned, and gives ABC a pass for cancelling OLTL in the first place, and then proceeding to trash the remains on GH.

• Members

If AMC gets a second season, I don't think it'll benefit in any such way from OLTL's absence. One less show is PP's chance to save a lot more money and I don't believe that money would be funneled into AMC. AMC will still be on probation, so to speak, it will continue to have to prove itself. When, and only when, it's a money making machine will PP even consider expanding episode time and count.

• Members

It's not that. People (especially GH fans) just seem to gloss over the fact that ABC cancelled the shows. That was their right. But they killed the shows. That PP brought them back at all was always going to be a risky proposition and very difficult. A lot of fans now act like PP is killing the shows and I don't think that's accurate at all. Frank and Ron claimed they were keeping OLTL alive by bringing three characters (everyone now says were so unimportant) and integrating them into the show. But that's just crap. I've said it before. They just picked the bones of OLTL and then crapped all over the rest of it as much as they possibly could.

• Members

It's not that. People (especially GH fans) just seem to gloss over the fact that ABC cancelled the shows. That was their right. But they killed the shows. That PP brought them back at all was always going to be a risky proposition and very difficult. A lot of fans now act like PP is killing the shows and I don't think that's accurate at all. Frank and Ron claimed they were keeping OLTL alive by bringing three characters (everyone now says were so unimportant) and integrating them into the show. But that's just crap. I've said it before. They just picked the bones of OLTL and then crapped all over the rest of it as much as they possibly could.

Well that's just dumb. I never watched AMC, but I'm not boycotting.

• Members

I think it boils down to that they don't have enough money for both shows & had to pick one to continue & they chose AMC. I think they're counting on $$ from this idiotic lawsuit to continue OLTL

ALL of this is on PP, are they that stupid that they couldn't tell Cartini what & what not to do with the characters they let them use *smdh*

Archived