OLTL Shelved

• Members

She didn't put the TV rating thing, that is exactly what the article said. Honestly, in terms of ratings they need to consider that these shows had issues with writing from the start and they weren't heavily promoted. THey had strong initial promotion and then it dropped off. On OWN they haven't been given a proper shot because neither show is regularly airing promos. OWN never aired one promo showing the content of either soap, just the one with Oprah talking about them being back. I don't understand why they expect so much when they aren't doing anything. Another thing, how many talk shows did you see the actors on when they went to OWN? They didn't even get on any of the Oprah platforms to promote them.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sort of in the middle, I guess. From a shallow standpoint, I'll have less to catch up on. But yeah, I feel sad, just not AS sad. Actually. I'm more interested in catching up with GH, believe it or not, which makes me feel like I'm cheating on OLTL or something :lol: .

Lucky! I wanted Max & Gabrielle back but never got them :( .

• Members

This gives them better focus to make AMC a better show. They are not so focused on two shows.Plus they can try to get funding to get a Lucci short term run. AMC has Ginger Smith. I really think PP believes they can make AMC more successful. That article was false AMC was always higher rated on OWN like double the ratings and was a much more popuar on Hulu. AMC has a bigger brand name then OLTL ever had. I don't we see OLTL again. It came back but maybe because Valentini/Carlivati were not attached it just didn't work. It didn't help with the change of writers. The show felt to me very boring, disjointed and now real suspense. Something just didn't flow with it. Ill miss OLTL but I know this is the last time. I can't say PP didn't try hey they gave us another season of the show. Its just over. I will always treasure OLTL but its a show thats no longer.

Archived