Passanante/Altman are Y&R's new Head Writers

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't think that at all. Maybe a strong writer (with a reputation for excellence, that is) would exert influence on the style of the show, but this is Y&R. For all the attempts at "modernizing" the show (picking up the tempo, shortening the long establishing shots, etc.) it still has a look and feel completely it's own. Any changes will be the EP's, not JPiss'.

I don't blame JPiss for not using ATWT's vets....a lot of that was due to the budget.

Storywise---beware a lot of cardboard villians. Or wooden dummys with psychotic handlers, in one case. Oh, and stereotypical Italian mothers who will drown everyone they meet in home-cooked Italian dishes as they dish out hypocritical advice . *sigh* I can feel the Ciccone-hate rising as I type. STILL.

• Members

Jean Passanante is perfect choice for Y&R. Jean Passnanante has been in this business since 1992 for 21 years straight in the biz. She has had her hits and misses but she can delve into writing classic Y&R as she has been on many writing teams. I see much more classic style writing then we got with Josh Griffith. She had some good moments at ATWT and drove ratings up at times. How did she last at ATWT as head writer for 9 years for a reason? She had a long term run. I think what she can bring back is excitement level which has been so dull. I think instead of focusing on the negative we should be happy an established vet is running ship at Y&R. She has been at OLTL from 1992-1998, AW from 1998 to 1999, AMC from 1999 to 2001 and ATWT from 2001 to 2010, OLTL from 2010-2012 and GH from 2012 to now. She will bring her much needed experience to Y&R.

• Members

The ratings never improved under Passanante at ATWT. They always continued to fall until it was cancelled. The only time ATWT ratings rose at any greatest was under Hogan Shefffer. It was third at one point. Passanante is the downfall of any soap.

• Members

As much as I loathe the woman, I don't begrudge her a job (on a soap I don't GAS about). She lasted on ATWT because she a) cost a hell of a lot less than Hoagie MediaWhore Sandwich and b ) she took orders from Goutman like a good little girl.

She may not be the worst writer ever, but she's not the strong writer Y&R needs or fans will appreciate.

Archived