Passanante/Altman are Y&R's new Head Writers

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see how giving someone a story is designed to drive them off the show. These people are actors/actresses, their job is to act. Who says that an actor or actress on a soap must like or approve of the story that they are asked to perform. I will never understand this train of thought. Every story shall pass...it's not like anything (except Sharon's craziness) will be perpetual...stories come and go.

• Members

Her time at AMC was, IMHO, the worst in the show's history. She actually left the show after rumours she was finally going to be fired anyway.

The irony is she seems to have made her name as a breakdown writer under Malone/Griffith when they first were at OLTL. Maybe she's great at that role--but I don't think she's ever had a good period as HW. (when she co-HW OLTL after Malone left the first time the show was just a directionless glob.)

• Members

Ouch. Poor Y&R. I mean, I really do hope for the best and that they surprise us but yeah ... not likely IMO, at least where Passanante is concerned. She just has too much of an awful track record that I've personally witnessed (AMC was AWFUL) and I really could never get into her ATWT and the horrible misuse of vets on ATWT, though I guess some have said that was all Goutman? Who's not exactly a spring chicken himself ...

• Members

Where on earth have you heard that the Bells own the characters and license them to Sony because it is absolute nonsense, that isn't how contracts and ownership works legally. Sony owns the majority of the show with Bell Dramatic Serial Company and Corday Productions owning a minority share. Sony owns the show, Sony own the characters.

+1. Sally McDonald would have made an excellent choice as EP because she can execute things technically and not bother a HW, any of whom from your list would have been excellent choices. The Y&R writing team is so bloated, in the 90s the show had 5 writers who did the whole thing.

• Members

It's hard to take Passanate seriously as a writer after watching her run on ATWT with all those Villain of the Month capers and ripping off Hogan Sheffer's work(even if it was of his better works, who does that??). Her first year as solo run was decent and yeah she did her offbeat campy capers well but beyond that it was mediocre fare for the most part. Passanate always seemed to screw up everything she had going good for her, namely the total destruction of Maddie and Gwen.

Adam and Chelsea will became the new Paul and Emily.

Billy and Chloe become the new Brad and Katie.

Fen and Kyle become the new Noah and Luke.

November we'll have Sheila Carter terrorizing Genoa City's denizens. Come December we'll get Nick's new secretary who's a psycho stalker. January will be when Victoria's ex Cole played by Matt Crane returns to town to ruin and or sexually assault her. In February we'll see all the women suddenly have their biological clock ticking!!

• Members
Um the fact that they have used charcacters like Lauren, Ashley on their fully owned soap B&B. if they diden't own the character no way could they use them without creating new characters for the actors. Sony does not own the characters they own the Y&R brand. Lots of YR characters have crossed over bc the Bells own the characters. When Bill Bell sold majority ownership he diden't sell the characters only thr YR brand. Bell Dramatic Serial Company owns the characters they license them to SONY

• Members

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Bill Bell never sold majority ownership of Y&R to Sony because he and his production company never had majority ownership of the show. Ever. Bill Bell launched Y&R with the same production partner that was behind DAYS (though at DAYS the Corday's owned the majority of the show), which was was once Screen Gems, then became Columbia TriStar, and is now Sony.

And characters crossing over between shows is relatively commonplace when a common production company is involved (in this case the Bell production company under the same broadcasting company, CBS) because corporations tend to cooperate with each other when it is mutually beneficial.

Archived