Passanante/Altman are Y&R's new Head Writers

• Members

well....it has taken B&B a while, since people are only saying how much better it is now, and i have only started to watch again a few weeks ago, but for some reason I still can only tune in sporadically....

I forget was Michael Malone involved with Y&R at all? he was head-writing OLTL with Griffith in the early-mid 90's when the show was really good right? would he be a better HW?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Malone was never involved at Y&R in any capacity. As for JP's appointment as co-head, it's clear AMcD/CBS, SK?Sony and JFP have no real understanding of Y&R and its uniqueness in the soap world (or its former uniqueness). They're heading down the same dangerous path all of the other soaps except B&B have gone: multiple, rotating head writers with no particular affinity for Y&R and absolutely no history with it. JP's track record is horrific, yet she keeps being hired over and over. It truly boggles the mind. SA's been with Y&R less than a year, and she's now co-head?? Some of the most inexplicable decision making by TPTB here.

• Members

Basically. This is where I am. I just don't recognize this show anymore and it's not one that I'm particularly interested in watching. I have no real enthusiasm or interest - not even with my fave getting a huge story supposedly.

• Members

They should have prompted Natalie minardi slater and Janice ferre esser as co head writers. They are the last of the bell protégés and IMO they have written long enough for bell soaps they both deserved the promotion. Anyone else agree with me? Natalie has been with the bells since 1991 and Janice since 1989 and ages written b and b. I just remember the good old bell days, I think the y and r had the least turnover of any soap. It was like a huge family that bill bell created and treated them very well. Since Sony took over they have been hiring outsiders. Honestly Maria bell screwed the bell family bigtime.

• Members

Maria big mistake is not surrounding her self with Bell Writers but im pretty sure her hands were tied when it came her team. Sheffer was a CBS guy and Hammer was Sony appointed. Sony and CBS set up Maria to fail and then hijacked the show and no changes will come until JFP finishes destroying it and it won't take her very long it has already started. I can see alot of the vets crossing the hallway and going to B&B. at this point Y&R is better off getting cancelled and the Bell family moving it to Netflix or another form of TV.

• Members

Considering it is still up year-to-date - despite not being in 3.5MM homes because of the CBS-TWC dispute, Y&R is nowhere near getting cancelled. I'm not sure why the vets will walk. MTS is getting a huge story, so is JW, etc. Something is obviously working to keep the ratings up. (What I don't know, but ratings are the game.)

Archived