Passanante/Altman are Y&R's new Head Writers

• Members

*laughs hysterically* The Angel of Death just took over Y&R. Not that I care, 'cause MAB destroyed any loyalty I felt to CBS when she treated Maura West like a flaming bag of dog poo....but y'know, good luck with that. The fans better hope BellSr is readying a bolt of lightening to shove up her ass.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Bell family own the Characters and they licence them to Sony who owns the Y&R brand/tv show. If their is ever a dispute between Bell Family/Company and Sony/CBS the bell family could pull the characters which in essence kill the show. The Bell's could always move them to Bell fully owned B&B.

• Members

I understand Kay Alden doesn't want a full HW position, but she would've been valuable in any position, even if just Executive Story Consultant. Other options, the aformentioned Natalie Minardi Slater, Janice Ferrer Esser, Trent Jones, Jack Smith, Sally Sussman Morina and Sally McDonald should be Executive Producer.

• Members

I hate to say this but I have been treading lightly on how to say it all morning. As much as people hate Jean Passanante as a writer, I always see the Libidozone story being blamed squarely blamed on her. I just want to point out the story started when Agnes Nixon was still the head writer with Jean. Maybe it was forced storyline on Agnes but it still happened under her watch. Agnes announced she was leaving in October of 2000 but her last episode aired in January of 2001. The story was played out over the ensuing months with both writers. Plus as other have said I did like some of the work Jean did on ATWT but other times it all sucked. I know I may have pissed people off but just something I had been thinking about.

• Members

Passanante destroyed ATWT, destroyed! After Hogan, there was still a bit left of Marland in the show. With the right headwriter, the show could have come back, but Passanante killed it with her sick warped obsession with Jennifer/the Munsons and horrible Howarth as Paul. Passanante was ATWT's MAB.

• Members

LOL! It's so funny because this sounds like we're joking but it's true. In the next 5 years Guza, Leah Laiman, Ellen Wheeler and Megan McTavish will all have theirs hands in the pot at Y&R. I predict a LONG stint for JFP as well. Y&R is doomed...

• Members

Well Chris JFPs last soap run at Gh was 11 years so the bitch always lands on her foot. Y and r ratings are up, what I believe she sold josh Griffith up the line and has stated she hasn't had a full chance for her vision of y and r. I just wonder if this will include Nikki going to the bar aka a crossroads and a bartender calling her blondie. I always believed that was Jill's fantasy story on oltl with herself.

• Members

I can't judge Shelley Altman, not familiar with her work, but Jean? Sony must have been looking for cheap writers over quality ones. I don't understand why they don't put a Bell protege back in charge of Y&R (I don't consider MAB a Bell protege) Like what was mentioned earlier and what happened with AMC and Lorraine Broderick, I bet we'll only get Kay Alden or another Bell writer when CBS is about ready to cancel it.

• Members

Would a Bell protege really be effective if Sony is calling the shots and JFP is firing said shots LOL, let the "Bell" thing go!

Its also funny because back when MAB was hired alot on this MB deemed her a Bell protege who was gonna write the wrongs that LML did and now.............LOL!

Archived