B&B: Is Ridge returning?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, Ridge can't possibly stay gone for long. Either RM will return or they will recast, but it's gonna happen either way. Knowing this show, they might recast and then dump him when Moss decides he needs the work lol

• Members

Which would be totally unnecessary because the numbers prove Moss was no loss to the show. And let's face it, no matter who they hire, the person is going to be a better actor than RM. Gather 50 men, blindfold yourself and throw a dart and you are going to hit someone more talented than Moss! Hell, even Dreck Hogestyn is more talented (and I cringe as I write that).

• Members

To me Ridge is not recastable. Ridge IS Ronn Moss. Of course he's not an actor, but I think he never held himself on par with Susan Flannery or others. The role called for someone handsome and charming and he was all of those things IMO.

• Members

THIS. I'd even quibble at the "charming" part because blowhard Ridge lost his charm long ago, but Ronn Moss I can get behind. He has never pretended that he is some great actor (side-eye to Maurice Benard), nor that he was cast for anything other than his looks. But he played Ridge as too smooth, too good-looking and infinitely fickle, and that is what the character was always about from Day One. IMO, unless he returns in the role, it just isn't Ridge. You can be f*cking brilliant Lane Davies (who subbed for Ronn Moss a couple of days back in 1992) and it still would not be Ridge.

Archived