The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Members

I do think those shows were hurt by the losses of certain cast members, but ultimately I would put it on the writing, or the network interference. In some cases, like AMC, I actually think they should have cut several longtime cast members and focused on strong new characters. Instead they cut some viable longtime characters and kept faded glories.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Forget about JM says, I'm interested in what Peter Bergman is thinking about this.

I kind of take what JM says with a grain of salt. He seems to talk out of both sides of his mouth. He tries to be diplomatic but it usually comes out a gobbledy gook mess that has the tendency to alienate one or more of his female co-stars.

• Members

JM never stated MS had a hissy fit, he said her feelings were hurt, like when SC's feeling's were hurt when he was pimping Phuck. As JM stated in that interview and has always stated, what he wants (Phick) and what he believes will eventually happen (Shick) are two different things LOL! Did he state Shick is an ole pair of sweatpants? I agree with him, the loss of JC and MS leaving is a big deal for the show.

• Members
Well of course she's not major on the same scale as Cooper or Stafford, but she had made quite an impression for someone who had only been on the show for 3 years and some of us feel that not signing her to a contract when she returned was a mistake.

• Members

I wouldn't consider Grazidei & Rylan as major, or long time vets either. I think it's just a loss of two so far, JC and MS, and since JFP brought Jess Walton back she only has a net loss of 1.

But the stats really don’t tell the full story because JFP has drastically reduced screen time for most of the long-running Y&R vets. Lauren & Michael are the exception, they finally got a big story.

• Members
0 if you count Beth Maitland. :) And she'd get Eileen Davidson back if she could.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The vets play an important role of course but there needs to be balance between them and the newbies.

Archived