The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Members

It was a whole mouth full of water or whatever MS was drinking in the scene. She did a "spit take" without asking. I'm pretty sure it aired. When I first heard the story I thought VS was accusing MS of actually spiting on her in the traditional sense, but it wasn't as clear cut as that, imo.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What you said, though I'll add that this is mild compared to the bile that SHOULD be hurled at her all day, every day. Nevertheless, it does warm my heart to see that I am not the only one on the soap internets who is rejoicing over this bitch being tossed out with a pink slip up her ass.

• Members

Just from my limited acting experience, that is a definite breach of etiquette. Even if you don't rehearse a scene, both parties need to know what's going on in a scene and if someone does something without warning, an immediate apology is in order. It will be interesting to see how many people really want to work with MS, particularly on ensemble shows due to that. People tend to develop reputations for a tactic like that but maybe enough time has passed that people won't think about it now.

And perhaps the Scientology connection will benefit her future endeavors. Hollywood is full of them.

• Members

Joshua Morrow on Michelle's exit (MSN):

"Selfishly, I'm very bothered. I'm holding out hope that she comes back so Nick and Phyllis can continue their fiery, difficult love story, but she doesn't see that happening. She badly wants to leave, so I would be doing our friendship a disservice to not wish her luck. I truly wish her well. She's got to be a top three talent I've seen in any medium. She's so freaking good at her job at times it's scary. It's a crucial loss for us.

There's a handful of people on the show where you think, "How could our show not have this person?" We lost one of them due to her time on this earth, and now we're losing another because she wants to do other stuff. It's a difficult transition. The show's going to be a lot less loud, but not in a good way."

• Members

I'm disgusted that he would use Jeanne Cooper's death that way. A woman dying is not the same as someone leaving the show. I'm shocked, and I don't dislike Michelle Stafford, so it's not about that.

• Members

Joshua Morrow lost a LOT of points with me off that statement. Clearly, he needs to come read this board b/c I've stated in the earlier pages of this thread that MS is no grand dame of daytime. She is NOT on the level on Jeanne Cooper, Bev McKinsey, Kathryn Hays, Eileen Fulton, Vicky Wyndham, etc. She's basic at best. MS leaving is the best thing to happen to Y&R story-wise in a LONG time. And I agree too that comparing Dame Cooper's death with Raggedy Ann wanting to leave (most likely b/c JFP won't kiss her a** and play her politics) is disgusting.

Furthermore, Josh is delusional. PHICK is not what many would declare as a romance. Couch sex and video games does not equate as a romance. If so, then we're in a sad period. SHICK is his number one pairing because they was build up, real romance, and real obstacles. I wish he'd stop stanning over a pairing that many feel was dragged out longer than it should've.

I'm over stars speaking out about what pairing they want. I wish these writers were like what they were back them (from reading Bill Bell's & Harding Lemay's autobiographies)--not give two f*cks about what the stars want or their romance choice. If I was HW, I'd be on that set cussing people out constantly and letting them know that I am the voice of Y&R. I am Nick Newman, Victor Newman, Jack Abbott, Syphilis Summers, etc.--you (the actor) is a mere puppet that's collecting a check, and if you don't like it then exit to left.

• Members

JM cracks me up. MS "badly wants to leave?" Right. LOL! I give him credit for being loyal to the end though. I will never understand that weird dynamic with him, MS, and SC. I am just glad that MS is gone, gone, gone!

• Members

It's funny how he seems to insinuate that acting alongside SC is "old and comfy" while MS inspires him somehow.

I've yet to see any difference in his basic at best acting, regardless of who he is paired with. He needs to stop pretending anyone pays attention to him for acting ability.

Archived