The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is now a ship with JFP on board, there is no such thing as people being to popular to be fired
I'll MS but I kind of hope they recast. Y&R needs a fiery female character. I have a feeling it won't be long before a female friend of Jill turns up on the show, either as a recast Phyllis or someone else.

• Members

I honestly like and respect you but aside from the spitting incident (which I have stated was absolutely wrong and just inconsiderate on Staffords part)/ what proof do you have aside from hearsay and backroom gossip?

I mean I think we're all honest here and take a breath, you'd agree that perhaps she's not your favorite person in the world but that doesn't mean she's a total monster like some people are making her out to be.

I say that as a black man who's been watching Y&R since the 90s on a fairly routine basis (it goes up and down). I guess that part that really disturbs me is when its all boiled down to race. From way people have put it you'd think there was this grand conspiracy that MS orchestrated to make VR unpopular because she (VR) is black. Then MS got her fired somehow and is responsible for her not coming back.

I just seriously do not get it. I don't claim to know MS or have ever worked at Y&R. I know MS is a Scientologist (which is the only flaw I see with her and find disappointing) but I've never gotten the impression that she's some psychotic lunatic actress who feels entitled in any way....

And fine I get you're happy but couldn't you guys make your own thread somewhere else and discuss it there? Last but not least MS is NOT dead. She will find work I'm sure in some other venue or show and continue to move on. Y&R isn't exactly at the top of its game anymore so I don't think she's really losing anything special right now....especially with Jeanne Cooper passing away....

Anyways good night everyone. I just wish everyone could live in peace and try to respect one another or see each others POV

• Members

The feeling is absolutely mutual wub.png

As for the spitting incident, I don't need more than that. MS proved that Phyllis is not a stretch. It's not great acting when you are playing yourself. Assaulting someone and disguising it as something else is a Phyllis move. As I've said before, Phyllis has had many female enemies over the years, Nikki, Cricket, Sharon, Dru, etc...yet she only spits in VR's face to "enhance the scene"? There was no way she was going to spit on MTS and get away with it. Laura Lee Bell? Yeah, ok. Sharon? Nope! She did it to someone where she knew she'd get away with it, and it happened to be someone she didn't like. VR was severely outnumbered on that set, so yeah, MS knew exactly what she was doing. You don't like a co-worker? Who doesn't? Doesn't mean you get to degrade and humiliate them. Children do that until they learn of better ways to handle such things. But an adult? Inexcusable!

Ann, I know you said you didn't take that seriously, but imagine a co-worker spitting on you? VR has a very eccentric personality, but hers is no bigger than anyone else's on the YR set [to my knowledge, she didn't try and dictate SLs and she never had a physical altercation with anyone]. I don't follow her any longer on Twitter because I don't want her crap on my TL, but I have to feel for someone who receives the kind of treatment she did in the workplace and there were no repercussions. It's wrong on so many levels. It's quite sad.

MS got away with that, and I will never be ok with it. She will always be filth to me. ALWAYS!

• Members

Lord have mercy! We still feuding because Raggedy Ann is leaving Y&R?! Who cares at this point!! MS is gone. My precious VR will never be invited back! Y&R still continues to have drama backstage more than they do onscreen! Let's let it go, people. Redzilla's gone. Let's not recast. End of discussion. happy.png

• Members

Exactly, especially if it is an older woman or someone trying to play hardball in contract negotiations. JFP will opt for firing the person outright or manipulating them out the door. Sony's only concern seems to be cutting that budget so it is not batting an eye any more than it did when LML fired all the long time crew or MAB fired Don Diamont and Eileen Davidson.

• Members

Well, I always figured that a little spittle got on VR and she overreacted. I still don't see VR as some innocent. From the rumors I have read, she gave as good as she got while at Y&R. Let's face it, VR comes off as a loon. I can only imagine that she was hellish to work with as well.

• Members

Go argue with ED because she is one of the few soap actors not to parse words and admit that she was fired. She stated that she was fired on Twitter and in several interviews (do a Google search if you have doubts). Yes, Days hired ED after, but that does not change the fact she was fired by MAB and Sony and was uncertain about what would happen next.

Archived