The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am too. I would've never thought that I was happy to have Jill on a show, but she's desperately needed on this show. I feel that she's the one person in the soap industry that does not give a f*ck about egos. Anyone is expendable and recastable in her mind, and I'm growing to accept her ideology in a time where soaps don't have time for the shenanigans and tomfoolery.

Well he needs to get back with "old and comfy" SC b/c that's the ONLY time I enjoy JM/Nick. And I don't see how MS inspires him. All I remember Nick & Phyllis do is dry hump, play video games, and pretend like they're a family.

I don't understand it either. How hard JM stans for MS and acts like he has disdain for SC makes me believe that there is something more going on. whistling.jpg

• Members

The thing is they often have fans backing them up. Or some fans. Look at how some used Jeanne Cooper's death as a cudgel against JFP. I'm not a big fan of JFP, but it made my skin crawl to see the glee that some people took in this. People have this idea of fighting the power, when they're really just snapping their jaws. Demanding and pouting based on what an actor tells you to do or based on your obsessive paranoia over an actor's fate means that you cannot enjoy anything they do, ever, because you're always angry and bitter and anxious. And that's what these actors want, some of them, because it's their job security, and it makes them feel special.

This show used to be known for having a placid fanbase, but it's become very toxic in the last decade or so. The fans rile themselves up, the actors rile the fans up.

Anyone who had any respect for Jeanne Cooper would not use her name that way. I've never had any use for Morrow's self-serving interviews but I never knew he would go that low.

If Josh Morrow is that much at a loss over Stafford leaving then he can go with her. Just put a cardboard cutout in his place.

• Members

I agree with this. An actor should not dictate story. They can suggest certain things, but what is on the page should be on the stage. Actors trusting writers with their characters and maybe sometimes a writer can approach an actor portraying a character is OK, only if the writer is new to the show and needs history to help them out with the script. Writers write and actors act.

• Members

I disagree- MAB absolutely made the WRONG choice there. Brad Carlton was an infinitely more interesting character than Paul and I'd MUCH rather have him spicing up my screen than watching Paul and his litter of annoying pop-up children. She's just lucky that Don ended up on B&B and is quite happy there. Unfortunately, I'd much rather be watching him on Y&R. I LOVED Brad and there is no character that has come even close to filling the void he left.

• Members

LOL! So true. JM is going to have suck it up because the way this dry and sad Nick/Avery/Dylan/Chelsea/Adam/Sharon merry-go-round is playing out, Sharon and Nick are likely to be the odd ducks and end up together.

• Members

B/c the loss of Jeanne is FAR more impactful than Raggedy Ann leaving. Jeanne is the anchor of Y&R. Michelle is just a basic actress playing a basic villainess (nowadays) that's shoved down our throats and outstayed her welcome. Soap actors leave all the time. He should be use to it. Again, Michelle chose to leave. It's just tacky IMO. If Michelle is so impactful to the show then why is she choosing to leave? Why can't she choose to take a backseat or like the pairing she's currently involved or the money she's getting paid? We all know that these are possible as to why Michelle is leaving.

• Members

I made the mistake of reading the whole JM interview. He really does have something against Sharon Case. Did they have an affair gone wrong or some huge argument? It does make me even happier that MS is gone. He is such a bad actor. Sharon Case really does deserve better.

• Members

B, did you miss when he said Sharon/Nick are endgame and she threw a hissyfit? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that was one of the hardest laughs I had in a long time and then his apology... like I was in legit tears.

• Members

I'm guessing they had a dispute. How Josh stans for Michelle, I'd think he had an affair with her. whistling.jpg Sharon deserves better in every aspect of this show. They've just demolished this woman's character.

Oh I saw Michelle throwing a fit on Twitter (as I follow her just to see the stupid s*it that she says) and I saw how Josh had to quickly come online and apologize. I would've told Michelle to build a bridge and get the h*ll over it.

Archived