The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Members

I hope Beth Matiland stays & gets a story!

I think the balance has tilted too far in the newbie direction much too quickly. I’m not invested in any of them yet, not even close. Heck I have a hard time remembering who's who. NuAbby & Courtney could be the same person. I have no idea who that guy was at the table with Lily today and what’s more I didn’t even care enough to find out I just hit FF.

It takes years for me to care and the lack of vets I care about in the newbie scenes & stories is causing me to fast forward through the newbies so I’m never going to know them if they continue on like this. The newcomer I know and like best is Carmine because he’s immersed in a story with vets.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jessica Collins and Michelle Stafford are BOTH extremely attractive. Why the hell is it a contest all of a sudden?

Neither of them are your usual cookie-cutter boring blonde model type and thank god for that.

• Members

it's funny, because peeps feel it wouldn't be any loss to lose MS, and yet look @ this 20+ page thread... LOL

i wonder how long the thread will be when Y&R's ratings dip, JFP is fired, SB is fired, and MS returns.

• Members

It makes me sad that so many viewers don't understand the Phyllis character and dismiss her as a "troublemaker" because she's not a classic Mary Sue like Christine, Sharon (pre-MAB) or Lily. She isn't just a "troublemaker". Phyllis Summers is one of a kind. She is a complex, flawed heroine, the type of character Y&R had never seen before, nor will it ever again.

• Members

Umm I think that everyone on here does understand Phyllis, they just don't care for her anymore regardless of her being a troublemaker. You can blame LML & MAB for that. They force fed this character down our throats, thus why people don't want her to stay. And sorry, but Phyllis isn't that "complex." I've always seen Phyllis as Sheila Carter-lite, even in her original run. She's not something that we haven't seen before. As people stated, for every Phyllis there is a Leanna Love, Lorie Brooks, Skye, or the greatest Y&R villain/troublemaker . . . Sheila.

Also, Sharon has NEVER been a Mary Sue character. Sharon has always been that girl from the wrong side of the tracks that got lucky with Nick; however, she had a shady past and demons in the closet. Sharon is nothing like one note Lily or Cricket.

Archived