The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Members

Sandra was terrific as Phyllis. She excelled at dark comedy and had a great deal of charisma, especially when the Danny custody battle finally wrapped up and she got to move on to new stories. I wish she'd had more of a chance. I do agree there's no point in bringing her back, but I liked her. I get annoyed when people dismiss her because she wasn't Stafford.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Never saw Sandra but MS has plenty of fans and the character has always been popular from what I can tell. Maybe not on this board persay but it is what it is.

I would love to see Nikki have a great family gathering at her house (I'll admit I heard the Newman Ranch was burnt down but I have no idea if it happened or whether it was rebuilt).

The Abbotts are so broken. I don't even know where to begin to fix them.

• Members

I did not like Sandra Nelson as "OldPhyllis."

That said, I don't want a recast either. The character needs a nice, long rest. Though I do admit that I was kinda hoping Y&R would do a "tit for tat" kind of thing and have Phyllis go after Dylan.

How about they just bring on Sarah Buxton in a brand spankin new role? I'd KILL to see her on ANY soap. (Didn't JG write for SUN for a period of time?)

Make it happen JFP!

• Members
He co-created it.

If they don't get Buxton as a Phyllis recast (in the event that there needs to be a Phyllis recast), they shouldn't bother hiring her at all. Y&R doesn't need any more newbies at this stage. But Buxton definitely has the Phyllis look.

Archived