OLTL-Wednesday, May 1st 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

The Todd/Viki scene was wonderful. And, as a bonus, it was almost three minutes long. I thought that kind of scene was extinct!

Also, great scene between Matthew and Nora.

I really liked the actress that plays Dani today. She could have so easily gone OTT but she really connected with the anger of her character. Awesomeness.

I just can't with Dorian. They need to get rid of the "comical" cues, and start writing her differently.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I am reminded how quickly things can be corrected. I wasn't at pleased with yesterday, but today fixed almost all my complaints. I also recall that I didn't like everything on the old OLTL. So far, two out of three ain't bad.

• Members

Tea to Jeffrey: "Who the hell are you? I'm talking to Matthew" :lol: :lol: :lol: I laughed so hard. Jeffrey really was all up in it! You are NO token piece that everyone knows. Introduce yourself first buddy or sit in the background til the convo's finished!

Kelley is doing a phenomenal job. She did just the precise amount of freaking out/shrieking. I was mesmerized when she was analyzing Victors face & it was cool how she toned it down and ended up welcoming him. Great scene!

The xm satellite radio must've been down @ the coffee shop.

I still find David insufferable!

• Members

It's amazing how three short episodes are making me re-evaluate Dani. I thought she was a boring, one-dimensional character but clearly it was less acting and more writing and storylines. I'm not sold on her as a strong actress (her reaction to Victor was awful and not all genuine-sounding but it's a soap so I understand the limitations) but as a character she's already on the road to redemption.

Same for Matthew. I hated EA. He was a goof, awkward and it only got worse as he grew older. The new guy has his own quirks but at least he gets the character as he is now: a douche because of age, not because he's genuinely a douche. Matthew doesn't want responsibility but wants responsibility. Say hello to years 19, 20, and 21.

There are some writing or editing flubs however. Tea not finding Victor and yet he appears in the hospital room without filling in that gap. Viki not following up on Victor's Allison Perkins statement, just so she can go and tell Dorian she wants to break her resignation (and c'mon, Viki knows Dorian better than to expect her to resign).

Vickers has been awesome. Now he needs a stronger storyline other than Dorian's sidekick.

But it's nice to see the show in the 21st Century with 21st Century characters and complications that don't betray the original vets' characters. Viki is still Viki, Bo is still Bo, and as someone who has never liked Nora, I didn't mind her today and felt this new style will actually do well for her character. The panties line is something I expect her to say but they never made her that sort of mother on ABC, here she gets to be more human and less lawyer robot unfeeling expect for Bo woman.

• Members

Yeah I'm liking Dani now too. KM has really grown as an actress

OMG the Todd and Viki scenes warmed my heart. I always think of what ES said about RH and TSJ when she's working with them, there's always something lacking in Viki and Victor scenes

Archived