OLTL-Wednesday, May 1st 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I like Jeffrey too. He's easy, natural, and seemed to fit right in. HOWEVER, I would tweak the way he's being written a little bit. I do not like choices like him cursing in front of his boss or being TOO nosy. That can become grating if they're not careful.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I did with the AMC thread, I'm just gonna post my thoughts--and then read the thread. Sorry, it's tacky, but I had to work late again today, and maybe with all you eager beavers who stay up till 5am to watch, I'll catch up on threads on Friday when everyone is complaining about the hostess who does the Friday recap eps (she seems awful, doesn't she??)

I thought it was a great episode. Once again I am impressed how--yes judging by only three episodes--they have taken every element I liked about RC's OLTL, and removed nearly everything I disliked.

The way they have used the GH material to motivate story that actually makes sense with Dannii is brilliant. As much as I love the faster pace of the new version, I actually wanted scenes to last longer--particularly Vicki and Victor and some of the Dannii stuff--but it's better to leave me wanting more rather than less.

Repeating Anderson Cooper's name three times seemed like some weird in-joke (cuz him and Tuc are both gay?) but I love how real names and companies are used on both these reboots. I always assumed they weren't on ABC due to possible lawsuits--and maybe some of them (aide from the glow of the iMac logo) are product placement, but it works for me.

The Norah and Matthew scenes felt real--as did Tea's reaction to Matthew (I was worried she'd do a whole "you must have given my daughter drugs--never see her again" speech but instead she reacted in a way I think my friends' parents would have.)

I do kinda wonder if we'll ever see One Life set at daytime.... :P

• Members

I think it was an exceptionally strong episode--but there wasn't a lot to say about it (at least when typing my reply, that's what I found...)

Some really great dramatic, and funny, dialogue though. I didn't recognize the scripter's name from other soaps I've watched.

• Members

Yesterday was my favorite episode so far and find it interesting it was written by a Royal Pains script writer. I found the dialogue very natural which is something GH been sorely lacking with all their OTT attempts at cleverness.

OLTL yesterday reminded me of a Gottlieb episode. It felt REAL and CURRENT vs campy and outdated.

Archived