OLTL-Wednesday, May 1st 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

found out the name of the kid who plays Liam..

Enrique Buenrostro ‏@enriquevbjr 1h

@allisgoodie @Michaelamorlani What's the name of the young actor who now plays Liam on @onelifetolive?

Alison Goodman ‏@allisgoodie 8m

@enriquevbjr @onelifetolive Liam is played by the adorable Finn Robbins!

• Members

He used to own it and that gave the character a redeeming self-hatred. But that self-hatred went out the window in 2001 and since his return in 2011 he's played Todd very self-righteous and refusing to own the damage he's caused. He sounds more and more like Kevin Buchanan than Todd Manning to me. He's become a complete emotional coward who throws shade on others versus accept responsibility for any hell he's caused.

I cheered Dani throwing it back in his face today that yeah HE is at fault for Téa's deep grief.

No one ever called TSJTodd a saint and he can be a first class ahole, too. But the facts are RHTodd caused the most damage the last two years.

• Members

Sweeps is a Nielsen thing. Four periods a year where Nielsen ratings are used to set advertising rates. I don't see how they could apply to web series. Maybe Toups or Errol can shed some light. I think it would be quite freeing for a writer to not be shackled to Nielsen sweeps. No need to drag things out or rush them just to fit into special time periods set aside by Nielsen.

• Members

Nielsen is trying to get onto the web, they've been attempting this for at least a year.

I know Nielsen family's are a secret but I personally know someone who is a 'Nielsen family' for TV and in terms of Nielsen online, I was contacted like 2 years ago but I declined because the idea of installing software onto my computer so someone can record the sites I visit online-- I find this creepy!

They've also contacted me about TV but I don't subscribe to cable and hardly watch on TV so I don't find it to be worth it for a few bucks a month.

But I read that probably by year's end, Nielsen will be tracking clicks for some online shows but I'm thinking it will be primarily broadcast networks that have online presence as well as maybe some web only shows on You Tube and Hulu.

I'm thinking that Netflix and Amazon will opt-out since they are private companies (at least I know Netflix is) and usually make their information private, they don't divulge details publicly.

• Members

This was a great episode, much better than AMC. I loved everything with Dani and Todd, and the Viki vs Dorian fallout was great. Everything is happening so much faster and this is a seamless continuation of the original OLTL.

Archived