OLTL-Wednesday, May 1st 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Sigh...Max. I MISS HIM SO MUCH. *cries* sad.png

I know JDP and KDP are doing that play in Florida right now, but I'm STILL holding out for him to return to OLTL someday.

I will never let this torch burn out. NEVER. tongue.png

I hear ya! Our boy is getting so BIG! wub.png

I am liking KM now, though.

I guess my T&B love makes me sentimental for their little family sometimes. smile.png

• Members

Oh, Lord.

But seriously, the networks and sponsors have focus groups, ratings, and other quantitative data to determine whether a current regime or their stories are connecting with the audience. Granted, they twist the hell out of that data to foist their own likes on the writers. But what do Jeff and Rich have at PP? Is there any sort of creative stop-gap, for lack of a better word, in place? That's something they need to work out, because if Thom Racina and/or Marlene McP get bad and then get worse, they could write these shows into oblivion again w/o any attempt to replace them with someone who might turn things around.

• Members

I can't blame RC for can of dirt and how utterly remorseless he acted when Blair confronted him over it in 2002. I still get chills at his callous yeah I did IT. Stressing the IT like he did the get rid of IT line when ordering the midwife to throw out Jack.

When RC wrote Jack confronting RHTodd about the DBL, he had the chance to really repair that damage and instead he joked about it. That's the part that is on RC. As is the 2nd dead baby lie.

As for Jeffrey, he's the first new character in ages I've liked on OLTL. CB is a total keeper for me.

I don't know how PP will judge success except if viewership drops off? Then again we've underestimated how much $$$ they are willing to spend so maybe they are running focus groups?

• Members

I'm team Manning forever too. T&B were my couple when I first started watching as a little girl (so were Max and Luna but again I was little) and child Starr was perfection. The character went so off the path I thought she would be headed down that it still shocks me. I certainly don't want her retconned out of existence (because really Todd loves her the most- I can still see him hiding in Viki's attic with pre-KA baby Starr) but I think she could use a nice long rest and they could mention her from time to time. If RH is going to be going back and forth, tell us Todd is going to visit her & start laying some groundwork. And then maybe when all memories of Prom Night the Memories/Teen Mom Starr and MiStarr for those of us who endured that are very foggy, bring her back with a really strong story.

• Members

If they fall off Hulu's popular shows??

ITA with others Starr needs a very long break, but it is really crazy all this drama is occurring without the perfect princess around. It really is a shame the ABC and PP couldn't work out crossovers for KA and ME for the launch at least.

Visiting Starr in LA is a good excuse to write RH out without another faked death or contrived mess of a story.

• Members
Ratings are used to determine advertisement costs. Its actually easier to track viewership in an online format as all the traffic is data they have and can provide for those purposes. The Nielsen ratings system is kinda irrelevant to them at least in the US as this isn't televised

• Members

I was born in 87 so I've only seen them on grainy Youtube. Watching Luna clips now, I question how I tolerated let alone cried when she died. But I LOVED Max and loved Gabs when she came back- I kept waiting for the show to hook them up. I hope now that we're not in ABC times, Kassie can get in Jen Pepperman's ear and he'll make an appearance.

• Members

I was born in 1989, so my introduction to them was both in 2001 and on the old Fiona Fest website, which had SO many M&G videos posted, many of which haven't even made it to YouTube yet! I can barely bring myself to watch Max & Luna. I got the OLTL coffee table book years ago, and when I saw how sure the author was that Luna was "the one" for Max, I was NOT happy. laugh.png

But I was around 13 then, so there you go. tongue.png

But yes, I wanted them together so bad in 2003. It would be great to see either of them again (Gabrielle's body was shown onscreen? LALALALALA I can't hear you! laugh.png ).

Archived