OLTL - Monday, April 29th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Wait, are we saying B&B is as good as AMC and OLTL? Because no, it is not. B&B is its own alien species. It bears no resemblance to human reality. Fine for the people that like it, but let's not pretend it is not in its own strange universe.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I noticed some people uploading the episodes on youtube. Whats your take on that? Personally its ok but morally its wrong since PP wont be making revenue if the shows are outsourced there.

I noticed some people uploading the episodes on youtube. Whats your take on that? Personally its ok but morally its wrong since PP wont be making revenue if the shows are outsourced there.

• Members

Just finished watching OLTL here in Canada on the high def FX Channel. It looked damned good! I've never watched a show via the internet on my TV - is the quality the same/comparable to a TV channel?

• Members

Having watched on my computer as well as on my HD TV, I think it's quite comparable. Quality to me is excellent. Nothing screams 'cheap' to me, though I'm pretty sure I can tell Celia's room is also the nursery in Tea's house. But I love the idea of them reusing the sets and how they're apparently doing/filming everything.

That's just me though LOL, I don't care, just noticed it.

I think I probably just watched for the 5th time.

• Webmaster

(This is not meant directly for the poster I'm responding to)

Totally wrong and I can't wait for them to be pulled. Sure, the network feeds shouldn't be online either but they at least have a network airing them before the web gets a hold of them (not advocating, just stating). If people are uploading to YouTube shows that are strictly made for the internet (for now), those people deserve to have their YouTube accounts terminated and sued! What purpose does it serve to upload already uploaded protected works? International viewership? It's not like TOLN/Prospect Park gets any of that "international" revenue, so I'm totally against any of this supposed uploading and won't mind sending a note to PP/TOLN in case I see something before they do.

Also, people in Canada can see the show. They have the option. They can't bitch and moan now that they don't.

• Members

I get what you're meaning. I agree. B&B has that 'look' to it that AMC and OLTL are going for. Modern, current, edgy. Location shoots. Quicker scenes, etc. It's one of the reasons I ALWAYS find myself somehow watching B&B even when it drives me away with it's nonsense.

Archived