OLTL - Monday, April 29th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just watched this. I'm glad OLTL is back but it feels nothing like its TV version. That's fine, actually, because I don't mind the show taking on a different tone. I did have issues with the first episode though. TOO MUCH MUSIC going on. A little would have been fine since they have a club setting, but I thought it was overdone. Other than drugged out Dani and the Todd/Victor deal, I couldn't really see where they might go with most of the other characters. The episode just felt mostly like a party with characters just hanging out and behaving badly. I'll stick with it though.

• Members

I enjoyed this one a bit more than AMC. Both were well done, with AMC coming from a more genuine, soap, family place. OLTL has always been more about Llanview, it antics and relationships to me. Plus, OLTL just had more urgency and excitement and a lot of stuff to draw me in. I also loved the scene with Nora, Bo and Clint. I think it will be a good mix of younger intrigue and vets. Definitely looking forward to more.

• Members

Meh, in regards to the opening credits. Productive values seem quite high. They actually ponied up money to pay for extras at the club. ABC never did that. It actually looked like a real club, I'd go to. The first episode was good, has me hooked. Love that the show is about 30 mins like B&B and most European soaps. Felt like their was no filler scenes and something was always happening. Made the episode go by so fast.

• Members

Looking at the running time, the show is about 8-10 minutes less than an "hour-long" soap, so there really isn't a whole lot of difference since much of that 8-10 minutes on soaps is wasted filler and character procrastination. 26-27 minutes of actual story with no filler is much better.

Archived