OLTL - Monday, April 29th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, I hate to invoke the spectre of this wretched story, but he actually did a bit. He certainly tried to when he fell for (gag) Gigi-as-Stacy. And he told her the truth despite the cost to himself. He did make a start. Like every roguish con artist on every soap opera, ever. Except maybe Paul Cramer. So I don't see a reason not to give him a shot.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I finished episode #1, and I liked that all the cast was featured in the episode.. though I do wish the scenes were a little longer especially between Dorian/Vicki. Their exchanges alone should have at least two minutes minimum.

With that said, I did like that even though David was still goofy that he was seemed more like a human and not like a cartoon character. Especially given his Saturday Night Fever send up with everyone laughing at him.. he had a look of sadness that it made me want to give him a hug and invite him to my party!

Glad to have scenes with Dani throughout the club, glad that Natalie went out but quickly went home. It seems like this was the first night in awhile that Natalie has gone out as a single girl and it's realistic she would want to get home early.

I did love Blair/Todd on the staircase... plus loved Blair's attempt at flirting and feeling like a babysitter instead of a club goer. I did like Tea/Blair still getting along.. imho, they are next generation Vicki/Dorian.

Liked the new Destiny and Matthew. Matthew did seem to have some of the same mannerisms as Alderson.. and glad that he is clashing with Bo/Nora just like a son would clash with his parents.

All in all, a great intro episode.. though I hope that the scenes between characters will be a little longer in future episodes.

• Members

Absolutely, and these moments add layers to the characters that I can really sink my teeth into. Danielle may as well have been in the nursery alone. That scene was quietly heartwrenching. KM did a superb job of potraying Dani's feelings with just her face. I had little use for Dani on terrestrial OLTL, but I'm already quite taken with her on Internet wavy OLTL.

Nora also had one of those moments when Bo/Matthew came out yelling. She braced herself and took a moment before even turning to face them. Obvioulsy, they've had quite a few fights, Bo and Matthew, and it's weighing on her. Good, good stuff.

• Members

OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS. My show is back. MY SHOW IS BACK!

FloLo is great in quieter scenes, but it will take everything I have to try to NOT expect her to flip out in tears, hair chewing and snot every time I look at her. It is what it is.

Hearing her singing in Spanish even made me feel warm inside. I really HAVE missed this show.

I guess the cougar thing was inevitable, but still, it's my girl Blair. She looks fantastic as always, and I want her to be happy.

T&B! wub.png

Yes, David is still as OTT as always, but honestly, it felt like home to me.

Cutter & Natalie wub.png .

Oh God, Dorian, Viki, Clint, Dorian & Viki sparring? I can't, y'all. I can't.

I don't know how I missed the 84-91 theme in the beginning, though.

Bo & Nora! EEEE! biggrin.png

And because I can:

I WANT MAX & GABRIELLE BACK, DAMN IT!

Welcome back, OLTL. smile.png

Archived