OLTL - Monday, April 29th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The things I keep rewinding are Todd/Blair on the stairs, Dorian/Viki in the Lord library, and Tea/Dani in the nursery.

But especially Natalie/Cutter's dance. I've watched it 5 times. There was just something so palpable there and I was really impressed that they let them just stare at one another for awhile. It built the tension. That was hypnotically sexy. I love quiet/still/silent moments like that . I REALLY hope they dance again, maybe a slow one next time.

Destiny struck me as a bit too model-y, but she also has a vulnerability about her that I like.

Jack didn't suck! Praise be!

• Members

Cris was on Death Row when he had been brainwashed to kill Tico Santi. John let him cool his heels there for a spell so he could !@#$%^&*] his wife. With mentally unwell Cris's guilt-ridden permission, of course, so that made it okay and why would any of us have a problem?

But that's me and my rage dating back to 2005. Point, though, is I don't think either guy was a loser. And Cutter is who he is, but I don't think he has to be a loser either. He can be anything going forward - I don't find him a step down for her. But Nat has always had a thing for the bad boy, because sometimes she's the bad girl. John also turned into the bad boy pretty much any time someone stopped doing what he said - he's the same, IMO.

• Members

That's why I loved what they did with Nat's entrance to the club, and Tea in the nursery, and even David's reverie on the red carpet and return to reality. And Viki's bit in the foyer before Clint comes in, and Todd and Blair on the stairs. Those moments of stillness don't happen enough anymore on "regular" soaps. Dani's trek across the club, both with Jack and alone, also qualifies.

• Members

It seems this oltl under pepperman and Racina is much more modern, dark and edgy versus Ron carlivatis camp galore. I thought it was a very solid start for oltl and I also loved it a half hour it moves quicker and of course fantastic twist in the end. Playing up two Todd's story is great idea.

• Members

I forgot about that! In an ideal world, Cris would have been thrown a parade. Tico sucked as a character and Javier Morga was truly one of the worst actors I've ever seen.

I liked Tea's outfit when she was in the nursery a lot. Too bad she was ignoring her own daughter, but understandable.

I'd like to see Blair and Cutter have some scenes. She'd put him in his place for sure. His dance with Natalie was hot!

• Members

While we all knew there'd eventually be resolution to the Tale of Two Todd's and I was hoping they'd manage to get Trevor back to at least finish the story, I do wish his return had been kept a better secret. It would've given all those hoodie scenes a little more impact..

I will say after enduring the camp fest that OLTL became and has now taken over GH, I'm soooo happy to see that the new OL is darker and edgier with little glimmers of lightness. I'm quite pleased and look forward to tomorrow's episode.

• Members

I got up at 6 PST this morning and the first thing I did was fire up my laptop and check out Hulu. Here goes my review:

The opening was very simple, but it was nice and modern. I hope there is a full version of the song, because I like it.

Dorian's story is right up my line, political, so I think I'm going to like that one. And the rivalry with Viki looks to be restarted, so that's a plus.

The new Destiny is good so far, Harrier's acting skills seem of a better degree than the previous actress. The exchange with Matthew and Destiny butting heads was great, I would definitely like to see more of that.

Dani being on drugs should be a great storyline, so far it seems to be set up really well. Today, Dani gets the sailor talk award, because she said s*** at least 3 times.

It's just the first episode, but I'm sensing that we are really going to see some better character development for Natalie. Her story was very understated today, but it seems like it could get interesting.

The ending was dramatic, but not overdone. I'm glad Victor Jr. is back.

Overall, the show did not drag at all like it did on the network, the transitions were seamless and I really paid attention to every scene.

• Members

I really liked the song. The black background worked for me given the OLTL tone - limbo, etc. The only thing I didn't like about it was the kids with their weird dance circle. Embarrassing.

But it reminded me of the satin sheets opening under Gottlieb. Experimental and new. That's important. And the song is great.

• Members

Cris had a long and storied history on OLTL as a good guy. He was always a good guy. Even when he went to prison he was a good guy because he was sacrificing himself for Natalie. So that's hardly a valid comparison.

Cutter was a con man from day one. He went to prison for something he actually did. He never changed or grew, and although he certainly can do so moving forward, I'd rather it not be at Natalie's expense. He's more like Bobby Ford IMO, than Jared.

Archived