Y&R: April 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've accepted it too, but its the same for me as the Lauren Koslow situation on DAYS. I accept that the woman isn't going anywhere, but I STILL, over 20 years later, can't help but wish Deborah Adair were still in the role. It's the same for Muhney. I can't help but wanting Chris Engen back in the part. He'd go there, but he had a quality about him that made you:

#1- Root for him when you weren't supposed to (getting away with Ashley's gaslighting)

#2- Feel sympathy, compassion, and an understanding of where he was coming from as the damaged character that he was

#3- Enjoy him when he wasn't playing the Newman stuff, i.e. his romance with Vail Bloom's Heather

Michael Muhney can't and won't ever do that for me and popular not, I don't find one inkling of rootability nor sympathy for his version of the character.

I agree. I don't think he's as popular as the internet, whether it be Twitter or other message boards, would have you believe. Some people just kiss all of the actors asses, whether they enjoy their performance (or their character) or not, Y&R is their show and they wholeheartedly support it. Good for them!

I, like you, don't happen to be one of them.

• Members

Talking about deluded online fans, the Cane/Lily fans on SOC have really taken it up a notch of late. Not only are they attacking Lily and Tyler, but they are actually posting racist comments. The mods have been busy deleting their comments. If they are not embarrassed to post that racist comments on SOC, I can only imagine how much worse they must be on their private message boards. What is really odd is that based on their comments, I deduce that most of them are African American. WTH is wrong with these people?

• Members

Remember that movie Nurse Betty?

Film and television have always had a cadre of delusional fans and unfortunately the soaps, it seems, have more than their fair share of looney tunes. This type of delusion, coupled with the access to post offensive comments is not the domain of any one group of people.

The Internet offers a lot that is richly entertaining and 'feel good' but those SOC posters represent the very worst of what the Internet can offer, sadly.

• Members

If you are referring to Quinn, I thought she was pretty. They are finally writing Tyler correctly. I have no idea why it took this long for them to have him start dating other single women and becoming friends with Noah. Tyler should have been written like this from the start and then we should have seen him get closer to Lily as she and Cane have problems. I have no idea why they were writing him like celibate monk with Lily's name stamped on his chastity belt. Hopefully, we will be seeing more of Mason.

• Members
If you're referring to me, if stating a FACT that happens to go against popular opinion on a message board equates to "delusional" in your world then yes, I'm bat [!@#$%^&*] crazy.

However I do agree with the rest of your post regarding Tyler/Lily/Cane, ironically.

Archived