Y&R: April 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

RW's body is lovely. I didn't mind Tyler and Quinn. Thank goodness I got to see him with another woman besides Lily. The chick with Noah was meh in the face but I laughed at her kicking him to the curb after learning he lives with his parents. I'm glad he gets his own place soon with Tyler. I wonder will Mason end up living with them.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I really dont have an issue with the owner of SOC's policy of not bashing the actors as they want future interviews, scoops and often actors post on there. As was already pointed out some fans can distinguish between actor and the role they play. That being said, the Mods are def biased as they enagge in debates with other posters and put there own spins on spoilers which they shouldnt do if they also have the ability to ban posters.

• Members

Except the actor bashing policy only holds for certain actors, most actors stay away from the message boards, and you can't even talk about the acting of certain actors or they ban you. Acting should be up for critique. Sony boards were the same way. You couldn't even say certain actors couldn't act or they'd ban you. I've seen examples of actor bashing being allowed for certain actors that came off as racist to me. But then after the actors were gone from the soaps and booking other roles the ass kissing started coming from the mods.

• Members

I can't fathom how someone does not like this story. I guess it makes since the newer viewers are the ones hating though. The Lauren/Carmine affair is probably my favorite Y&R story in a good four years.

I do wish the writing would bring out more flaws for Michael though. Maybe I'm biased but I just don't see Michael painted in any different light than the one being wronged.

• Members

Sad. How many times has it been mentioned onscreen? I missed only a few episodes and the only time I remember his past being referenced was when he feared Fen would go down the same path he did, which was vague, and Fen's bringing up what he did to Christine.

I do wish Fen was still a factor in their story though.

The Katherine brain tumor story isn't working for me. Its completely boring. I think Jeanne has done some good work however. And I loved those scenes between Nikki and Jill, those two are golden and it was all too brief.

Archived