GH: another veteran actor returning

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not a fan of pointlessly revisiting history, but if they do undo the weird and nasty story about Rick's death, I would probably be OK with that, mostly because it never made sense to me in the first place (and was rewritten once or twice later on, wasn't it?). This sounds like it might just be a fantasy of Monica's though.

• Members

The Rick story in 2002 went through a lot of very serious changes, I know that much. Earlier versions of it I would have been okay with - and as a concept, I liked the suburban gothic mystery; I liked the idea of them mining Laura and GH's pre-Luke history. And there was a hospital/business angle that got hinted at but scrapped as well. The final product was awful.

• Members

I just never could understand what was going on, other than a middle finger to longtime fans. Laura had killed someone (again), blocked it out, Rick had been drugging her (although she hadn't been drugged in decades and had not remembered anything), she killed him, went crazy...didn't they say later on that Scott killed him and let her take the fall?

To be honest I preferred Rick #1, but I do hope they undo some of this stuff. But without Lesley it won't be the same. If it's just Monica's memories, I wonder how it will go, because I feel like she closed that door.

Part of me wonders if they're going to say Rick is AJ's bio father, but I don't know if they'd go there.

Archived