GH: another veteran actor returning

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nonsense! Gay men oftern refer to one another as "girlfriend, she, etc", so what you are saying is absolute crap! Again, so that no one else jumps on this ridiculous bandwagon - there are no homophobic comments in this thread!

It boils down to preference then because I'd take a story with a beginning middle and end as opposed to one meaningless scene after the other with vets as smokescreens.

• Members

Sorry, but when a story ever have a beginning and middle under Guza? He was an incoherent mess, no different from RC in that regard. The only difference I see is that they like telling different kinds of stories and RC realizes that this is a soap opera. All the way around, GH is better off with the mob gone and RC managed to finally drive Burton out so kudos to RC on that score.

• Members

All of them! I didn't mind the mob so much but wanted it scaled down. I wanted Carly away from it, period!

Do I like everything Guza and Wolf did? Absolutely not! But they told stories and Wolf even did the unthinkable - he developed characters. As for FRon, you think I'm picking on them because I can't have the other two? No! They are horrible and pat themselves on the back way too often. They offer repetitive garbage and completely lack imagination. They don't even see that none of their stories make sense. The characters can be tweeked but so much to make this stuff work. GH needs an experienced HW and a good EP (preferrably someone who didn't spend any time under Frons). Currently, they are lacking both.

Chris Robininson getting good material? Why would he be any different than the rest of the useless vets who are doing nothing but eating up short term funds!

lol. I don't agree one bit! FRon have turned GH into a campy mess with no storytelling whatsoever!

• Members

I don't think Guza really told stories, no, not in the last ten years at least. His team just wrote an unending continuum of crime and violence and 'edgy scenes' in the hopes that someday, somehow, Guza would be delivered from the drudgery of soaps to write the gritty primetime dramas he alone was positive he was truly destined for. He often flopped in payoff and conclusion, whereas Carlivati too often only has payoff OR setup, one or the other. And Ron is rarely very good at concluding a story beyond the climax itself, unless it's something very self-contained like the virus caper last fall.

Both Guza and Carlivati have become supreme egotists, but their approach is night and day. They are both lazy about different things. I simply opt for Carlivati most of the time.

• Members

If they wanted to undo AJ's paternity (as I think someone mentioned a few pages back), they actually have science on their side. Early into the story, when Alan checked the hospital records on AJ's blood test, it came out that there was no possible way Alan could be AJ's father, the blood types not only don't line up, but cannot possibly be related to a man with Alan's blood type. Now, unless there was some sort of blood test tampering going on at that time, the test still stands, regardless of whether or not AJ has Alan's birthmark.

The whole twist that AJ was actually Alan's never sat well with me once I saw that scene and did the research. It kinda reeked of bad science or a retcon. But that's just me.

• Members

I can live with this. I think the last time I paid FRon a compliment if the virus story (and Tarly until recently). It was quite a bit of nonsense with plenty of holes, but it was action packed and the actors did a wonderful job. And it is the only thing they did where it had a beginning, middle and end.

I would not take Guza and certainly not FRon. I would give Wolf a chance with a co-HW. He was sincerely trying to make GH a better soap but just didn't know how.

I'd take it over Trassions 2.0!

Archived