AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

Online is just TV via the web. Same rules apply except when it comes to money/compensation. As a Sony exec told me a few years back, the merging of TV and online is now consider INFOTAINMENT instead of just entertainment. It's where you get your news/information and entertainment in the same place (ie. watch your favorite show while browsing the NY Times website).

• Members

whistling.jpg

Actually, I don't have much to add--after reading all these pages, and the last ten or so of the old thread, my brain feels fried.

I more or less like the new teen cast, from what I've seen. Personally I think the new Miranda *looks* the part much better, though I get why some are disappointed this seems to mean she won't have much of the bitchier side of Les Kanes.

My one worry is the Price is Right guy. I watched some of the male auditions (what can I say, I was bored) for that show when they were online, and I remember they had to do some tiny acting bits for the challenge and he seemed pretty awful--mind you the acting was selling products. Soapsuds said he was off Price is Right (I did think they were only trying a male model for a brief time), but this morning, coincidentally enough, I turned it on for the first time in a good year while getting ready for work, and he was modelling some product (clothed, I should add)--but maybe it was a rerun. Still, I'm willing to give him a chance--will they try to geek him all up with slicked hair and glasses? I'm sorta having flashbacks to Boyd, the ridiculously gay pretty boy chemist at Enchantment during the Rayfield era...

I just have to ph34r.png when things like "AMC fans mocked OLTL for having teens on their show and now are all excited to have teens on AMC! " are said. I still think AMC has a solid base of vets, so am not worried--we'll see how it's balanced, but if the teens still have a lot of interaction with the adults, and it's not all segregated, I think that's fine. As has been mentioned ad nauseum, this isn't unusual for AMC--going back to much beloved eras like 1983ish when hgih school stories were almost half the show.

Not much else to add... Oh I think the JR casting could really work (and yes, I also had a crush on the actor during Sweet Valley High...) Was this one of the "friends" of Jacob Young he mentioned? :P

Errol, I can't actually think of any questions (except to ask about Canadian distribution again :P but I don't think anyone you talk to there would help with that.) I have ones for Agnes, like her involvement level (and if she's much involed in OLTL particularly), but knowing Agnes Nixon I don't really expect her to say much more than the official line we've already heard. But I'm excited to hear the report back from you!

I think it still depends on the site. People are starting to keep track and monitor what shows are downloaded the most from iTunes--and I am sure Hulu reads how many "hits" a show has.

Archived