AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

I love how, by your logic, "bad writing" is somehow disconnected from the characters. Kendall and Zach were badly written. You can't go around complaining about how much the show sucked in its last years when the couple you professed in your username for so long to be a fan of were on constantly through that "unwatchable" time. You can do it, but you have to understand that people will point out the inconsistency.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it was down to Zach and Kendall, but also down to a certain Frons template that crushed many characters. I never saw that as Kendall.

Of all the ABC soaps I think the Disney era hurt AMC the most. Starting around 1996 the show became more and more unrecognizable.

• Members

I go away for two days--and man, so much to catch up on...

Yes. Sorry, it's insane--and the majority of the replies beneath his post are equally crazy. He was known for being one of the best directors in the business, and I think it's way way premature to worry that him directing will mean he's "clawing his way to being an EP." Why? he never was at AMC when he directed before? Jamey adores Ron Carlivati's writing and didn't freak out when RC hired Jean Passanante for both his OLTL and GH writing teams, thinking she'd become a co-HW. Sigh. My only worry about his one step forward two steps back thing, in this case, is soap fans massively overeacting to something that doesn't deserve it.

Archived