Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I knew someone would be quick to complain about this. There are50 hours worth of episodes here. Even if 25 consisted of 2000ish episodes, thats still 25 that arent which is ALOT more than the typical marathon. Just be grateful that they are even doing this bc its unprecedented and SN didnt have toWhich isnt much. People may not like it, but those ARE a part of GH history and deserve to be showcased as well

• Members

I'm glad that they aren't having too much from the past decade, but I'm Luke and Laura-d out. I think a lot of people are (Genie and Tony certainly seem to be). It just doesn't do anything for me. It's all a joke and a lie.

• Members

I hope someone who sells soap DVDs records the entire thing and sells it. I'd be interested in watching all of this! It's a nice representation with only the 70s mostly left out. I wish the other soaps got stuff like this. For Y&R I wish they even got a 5-6 episode marathon.

• Members

I can't really explain the late 70s, but I can't help but wonder if part of the reason there isn't any early-mid 70s episodes on the schedule is because of the massive amount of wiping that took place back then--soap operas and game shows were hit by this more than any other genres, and IIRC, ABC was the worst offender of all (for example, almost all of the version of Password that ran from 1971-1974 [and from 1974-1975 as Password All-Stars], which also was on ABC, is completely gone).

• Members

I wish I had soapnet, even though I don't really watch GH i would have still checked this marathon out. Seems like fairly healthy list in regards to showing episodes from the early early days. They are even showing 60's episodes.

Y&R should have done a "40 years in 40 hours" marathon.....

• Members

Not all of ABC Password is gone... Game Show Network aired one from 1971 with Brett Somers and Jack Klugman, and three off-air dubs from 1975 exist among collectors (including the very last ABC Password from June 27, 1975)... but on the whole, knowing over 1,000 episodes of Allen Ludden's work are forever lost is a crying shame to us fans.

Archived