Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Members

Watching a few of these 1980 episodes and my stomach turned when Luke told Laura "you know how to say no." Why would they have a line like this, no matter what the context???

Jennifer Smith was such a sad character. I watched an episode on Youtube a few years ago where, to try to get her father out of his place so they could look for documents, Lesley threw a party for Jennifer, and Jennifer was like a little girl, happy and amazed that people cared so much about her. I'm sorry that they made her such a cartoon in later years.

I still am blown away by Denise Alexander's performance in the episode where Lesley delivers Monica's baby, and learns the truth. The way she plays Lesley's complete shock is something else.

These episodes reminds me of how much I miss Amy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still wish that they'd have played more late 80s-early 90s episodes. Yes, I've been told that that's when GH fell off from its high, but:

1. I'd like to make up my own mind about them by seeing them on TV
  2. I wanted to see Sean and Tiffany / Duke and Anna fall in love
  3. I highly doubt that that era was anywhere near as bad as showkilling three made the show some 10-15 years later

• Members

I'd also have liked some more of that - what I've enjoyed on YouTube was solid enough. I'll just have to make my own extra marathon, as I've been attempting to do with OLTL on YT. I still think SN has missed out on a major boon with follow-up marathons not only for more of GH, but also for AMC and OLTL.

Archived