Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/04/soapnet-to-encore-50-hour-marathon-of-51-classic-episodes-of-abcs-general-hospital

After what must have been a very successful marathon of classic episodes of ABC’s “General Hospital” this past weekend, SOAPnet has announced that it plans to re-run the marathon again this weekend beginning Friday, April 5 at 10:00 PM ET/PT and running through Monday, April 8 at 12:00 AM ET/PT (Sunday night/Monday morning).

• Members

I don't think ABC would agree to do an OLTL marathon given the current situation - and I believe they have a large stake in SN, if I'm not mistaken.

I wish they would, though, for both AMC and OLTL.

• Members

Don't AMC and OLTL still air on SN or did they end that once PP announced they were moving forward with the revivals? If they are still being aired in reruns then I don't see why they can't go further in the vault for episodes

• Members

Pat Falken Smith was credited at the end of the episode. Except for the Ice Princess storyline and Luke & Laura's wedding/honeymoon episodes, all the episodes from 1979-1981 were from Smith's first head writing period on GH. Frisco & Felicia's 1986 wedding episode was during Smith's 2nd stint as head writer.

I don't think SOAPnet showed any episodes from Douglas Marland's time as head writer on GH.

Archived