Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's funny, because I definitely remember Brenda having a heartfelt confrontation with Sonny when he'd returned the following year. At that point, she'd decided that in order for her to take a real chance on Jax, she needed to let go of all the hurt that Sonny'd caused her.

On another note, Brenda should've kneed the roided goiter in the balls so that he could truly have a taste of the pain that he'd brought to her on her wedding day.

• Members

Oh, I never cared about any of that overrated bitch's pairings.

I just happened to like Jax better than Sonny and would have rather the bitch stick to ruining Sonny's life rather than dragging Jax into it.

BTW, Team KAREN forever and always, so my Brenduh hate is old-school, predating her stupid pairings later. Too bad the bitch didn't stay dead.

• Members

You cared enough to respond to my comment about them in the first place.

As for "ruining" Jax's and Sonny's lives? Like I said, she didn't have the remote control to either of their dicks, so all that bullshit doesn't amount to a thing when they both made the choice to come to her many times over.

Boring-ass Karen? Please. There's a reason why her ass was written out while Brenda flourished beyond that PC90210 triangle and it has everything to do with the fact that Karen was as interesting as a box of hair.

• Members

Wendy Riche had clearly lost steam by the end, and really, her latter years on GH weren't so different than what the show was during this past decade or so.

I think she stayed too long and while her counterbalance to Guza worked for a while, it was never going to something positive for the show in the longrun. It's just too bad that Guza was given ultimate power during his third stint, he probably should have never been brought back in the first place.

• Members

Was that while she was lusting over the very roided goiter that she'd cuckold Larry with? Perhaps, it was the same roided goiter that she'd put up on a pedestal as a better man than both Shouty McYellerson and Larry was?

Liz deserved every bit of the verbal hurting that my Lucky put on her because it was indicative of just how fed up he (and me) was with the way that she emasculated him in favor of no-account assh0les. My only complaint is that he hadn't beaten the breaks off his Johnny-Come-Lately brother after he'd told her off.

• Members

Cold, but true. LOL! it is great that episode has aired after years of Guza's lies to demonize A.J. and prop up the awful threesome. I was lurking on SOC's marathon thread and boy, are the people who have hated Jason/Sonny/Carly rubbing it in to the people who had never seen these episodes or sided with Guza over the years. It feels really good for them to have the truth about these horrible characters shoved in their faces.

The marathon captures GH's decline perfectly. It started with Carly's arrival and then went downhill full steam as she, Sonny, and Jason slowly became the show's focal point.

• Members

That Liz's rape storyline broke my heart and made me angry at the same time, not just because of the great acting that was done by everyone from RH to JJ to JZ to TG, but because this was the last time that GH wrote a rape/abuse story with any heart at all. And don't even get me started of how the promise of the Liz Webber character (shown in full display with this storyline) was squandered a few years later by these hacks!

• Members

Word.

It used to drive me up the wall when those nitwits used to defend the sucktastic three in regards to AJ as if they knew what the hell they were talking about. Even though the proof was already online to find, it was great to see it aired on television again so that there is zero doubt on how much heralding those three as the heroes of this show (at the expense of far more valuable characters) did horrible damage to it.

It also boggles the mind how one can look at the gift-wrapped perfection that GH was when Claire Labine left and decide to systematically dismantle and destroy it with glee. Seriously.

Archived