Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Members

I never thought they had that much chemistry (Jax and V). She was also very forced quirky. At the time I never felt like she fit into the show. I think the time I was most interested was when she was working with Mac and Felicia.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved V and its a shame they didnt do much with her. I thought Skye was Jax's best post-Brenda pairing and loved them so much so that I rooted for them when Brenda did return. The way Brenda steamrolled over their marriage with Jax dumping Skye for her, ruined both of them for me

• Members

I loved V. She needs to be brought back. They need another female cop to compliment the commish being a woman. :)

PCPD would be...

V and Taggert as partners

Dante and that new cop (The good looking guy that we've only seen once with Anna)

and Anna as the commish

If I was GH's writer.

• Members

I think that V had an easy and natural presence onscreen. She certainly leaves more of a positive impression on me in this episode than many female characters that have debuted on this show since. Besides, who knows? I could've ended up genuinely investing in her as a character and a love interest of Jax's...

Watching Mike and Brenda in this episode pisses me off because that was yet another relationship that was ignored during her last return, down to the half-assed way that showkiller Guza'd written him off right before she married his beloved son - a wedding that he would've loved to have seen.

• Members

MR's Gia was the only reason why I cared about Nikolas, period. Once she was recast, backburnered, and written off, there went my interest in him...

As for Skye, she needed to STFU about Brenda ruining her marriage since it was her husband, Jax, who'd chosen to reconnect with and leave her for Brenda in the first place.

There goes this pie-faced bitch and her crocodile tears over screwing AJ over, though I'm glad that the re-airing of this episode shoots down any lies about him being in the wrong and him needing to get over what a vile piece of sh!t she is.

• Members

IIRC, the audience and Guza both loved V. (no relation) and wanted to keep her around. I believe Guza's original plan for the "mixed marrieds" story involved V. in Chloe's place. But Wendy Riche was set on creating big new summer couples in the form of Sonny/Hannah and Jax/Chloe, and so V. was out and Chloe was in. They were Riche's pet projects, which Guza had no interest in; he also wanted Jax and Alexis to become a legit romance, but Riche vetoed it. This began the Riche/Guza deathmatch over couples and stories which ultimately took both off the show. At the time, fans sided with Guza, and I still think he was right. But little did we know what it would mean in the long-term for the show to lose Wendy Riche for good.

• Members

Someone one here (I think it was carolineg) mentioned that Sonny leaving Brenda at the altar would've been a perfect way to close the door on his character back in '97. I'm still not 100% on board with that, but I will say that I've leaned further in that direction since showkiller Guza ruined his character.

That said, I will agree that leaving Brenda at the altar is the most unselfish thing that Sonny Corinthos has ever done. It's too bad that that aspect of his character (putting his loved ones' safety above his own happiness) was trashed not soon after his return a year or so later.

• Members

Last I checked, Brenda didn't have the remote control to Jax's dick, so all that bullshit about her being a "trifling bitch" is just noise, dear.

Jax knew from jump that Brenda's heart always belonged to Sonny, yet chose to wine and dine her in a failed attempt to be #1 in her heart and life. Not her fault that he suffers from Cap'N-Save-a-Chick syndrome, so either he needs to accept the fact that that's where he is or he needs to go find himself a woman who will regard him the way that she won't.

Point. Blank. Period.

Archived