Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gonna go back and watch my 90 eps while I sort stuff. Still sad they didn't show the ep. where Carly came back from the dead but LOVED the panic room stuff and happy to revisit that. I remember rooting for Carly so hard to find a way to get out of there.

• Members

Felicia was simply stunning back in the day and I maintain that she's aged the best out of the old-school GHers.

I'm slightly unsettled by the fact that I find Tony to be kind of, well, handsome, since I've always seen him as the fatherly type.

I'm going to have to see more Robert & Holly episodes that don't consist of them being in distress before I can truly weigh in on the R&H vs. R&A wars.

After meeting the famous Jimmy Lee, I have to say that I'm not mad that he's not around because dude seemed like a dim bulb to me.

It was unsettling to see Monica with darker hair back in the late 70s-early 80s, so I was relieved to reach the mid-80s where I'd be able to see her in the blonder hair that I know.

I'm also unsettled by the fact that Donna from La Bamba was on this show as Uncle Jesse's girl or that Tony DiMera was sparring with Laura & Robert before he went on to DAYS.

Out of the all the female characters that I've seen in the 80s eppys, I enjoy Tiffany the best. She was a great mixture of saucy dame and smart cookie that I definitely like.

When the Slagbeast was whining about all the attention being on Dr. Steve's death instead of her, I truly wanted to punch that stupid bitch in the throat through my television.

I still remain on Team Luke (and JJ Lucky in the beginning) when it comes to resenting the Cassadines for rolling in and messing up the Spencer family. Things were never the same after that and I blame their boring asses to this very day.

1996 sure was the Rise of the Interlopers. Jax interloping on my beloved S&B, The Cassadines interloping on the wonderful Spencers, the Slagbeast interloping on humanity.....

• Members

Stefan Cassidine though! I was way into that character. I actually forgot that Stef had a thing for Bobbie and I wanted to see a Bobbie & Roy ep. I liked them.

LMAO these old SOAPnet GH promos... I actually kinda miss those.

• Members

I thought this might be a nice antidote to the crap they're showing right now. Apologies if it has been posted before. This is from 1975, courtesy of saynotooursoap. It features Peter Taylor, Augusta McLeod (apparently about to go away for the murder of Phil Brewer, I think), a young Audrey hocking her fur coat, Lucille March, and a very, very young "Lesley Williams" - the hot young single lady of then-staid GH - who still thinks her little girl Laura was born dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yJBsJf67u8

I don't know if this is the Dobsons still, or their replacements. Anyone? It's apparently from May '75.

Archived