Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did you honestly expect them to not show a lot of Luke and Laura episodes? Whether you like them or not, they are- for a whole lot of people- the stars and signature couple of General Hospital and they were at the centre of many of it's greatest moments and best stories.

And that is not a lot of Guza episodes. I'm honestly surprised they're only showing 8.

• Members

Well, I don't know. Maybe I've mistook you for a different SON poster, but aren't you GIF-ing Kevin and Lucy and lecturing the board on their use on the show when most of us grew up watching them? I haven't yet begrudged you that. So let's leave a little room for different perspectives.

• Members

Luke and Laura aren't the focus of all those episodes though and those episodes also might be important for other characters featured. Out of curiousity, does anybody know if one of Emma Samms 90s episodes is included? And is there an episode with good Tiffany Sean stuff?

• Members

I think Carl knows why they're showing it. I also think Carl would be the first to agree his take is not necessarily universal. Nor is mine sometimes, for that matter. The point is, if everyone's giving you the latitude on Kevin and Lucy you can at least recognize why they're showing Luke and Laura, the singular couple of the show's history.

• Members

No. I understand that. But, I just don't understand why they are like that. Why did they blow up to be a big supercouple? Instead of say Alan and Monica? (That's the only couple I can think of right now from the same late 70s time period)

Also. They always seem to skip the rape episode. I wonder why? Hmm.

Holly was with Bill Eckert. Ugh.

Archived