Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll take your word for it.

As for the L&L marathon debate, as a viewer who followed them over to GH in 1993 to see what the big whoop about them was (and started watching full-time from there), I'm personally interested in seeing other episodes than those that I've already seen. They seem to be showing that here with the 80s episodes, so I'm not opposed to getting a history lesson next weekend.

• Members

They show the Emma's birth one alot. They showed the PC Hotel one and Train Wreck one recently.

And, there's like another Guza one up there that's played alot. But, I don't feel like checking.

Oh, Laura waking up! That's the other one.

Now, the Tony dying one and the Panic Room I haven't seen.

80s GH bores me. I'm probably the only one who feels that way. But, I am looking forward to finally seeing the infamous Blackie and also Frisco and Felicia's wedding.

• Members

You break my heart, Selena! I like the 90s episodes, of course, but I LOVE a lot of the 80s stuff, too! smile.png

I know that it was mainly a transitional period back then, but I do wish they would air some 1991-1993 (pre L&L returning) stuff. That era fascinates me, probably because it WAS a transitional period for the show.

I would have loved, for example, to have seen R&A's funeral episode. It's on YouTube, of course, but it would have been cool to see the full episode on TV.

And Sean & Tiffany's wedding from 1988. I can't remember, that's not going to air, is it?

• Members

1992 was a very fine year. I would have loved for them to play some Felicia/Ryan stuff. But, they are just blocking that out completely.

They should have shown the episode where he attacks Steve/Audrey.

Also. More 1992 goodness. They should have shown Robert and Anna's "death"

Scotty and Dom together from late 92 when she found out she was dying.

• Members

1993-onward is the early '90s. The issue is more that most of Gloria Monty's second reign, 1990-1993 was considered a very messy period for the show overall, to put it mildly. She drove away Finola and Tristan Rogers, brought on Bill Eckert, etc. Wendy Riche and Claire Labine was when the second golden age kicked in.

• Members

I think Gloria Monty's 2nd run/the early 90s is best forgotten. Eckerts front and centre, Anna and Robert's quickie reunion and marriage, Holly and Bill, Paul Hornsby, etc.

As for Scott and Dominique (and I liked them too!), I think fans remember her a lot more fondly than the show does. I have two video interviews I'm going to post soon (one with Wendy Riche and one with Shell Danielson) where they both admit that they had no idea what to do with the character and that nobody really cared about her one way or another till she was dying and that they only did the death story as a way to get rid of her fast and quick (Danielson wanted out and Riche wanted the character gone).

• Members

I do think she was Scott's great love though.

That breakdown he had after she died in his arms was gutwrenching.

There was alot of stuff I enjoyed during Monty's second run though. Oddly.

It set up alot of stuff that went on during the entire decade and is still going now.

Brought in some great characters. Ryan/Brenda/Jagger..Who in turn brought in Stone. Faison was a Monty creation I believe. Mac...on and on.

• Members

I was under the impression the Eckerts and Paul Hornsby were Monty. Riche seems to only tolerate them for as long as she absolutely had to, with the exception of poor little Sly, who hung in there as L&L's unofficial adopted foster kid for a while until 1996.

Wendy took over early in 1992, I believe. She didn't bring in Labine until the summer of '93, I don't think. I may be wrong.

Archived