Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More than one episode is too many of Guza, to me.

I also think it's too much Luke and Laura, which has been rerun a lot and which doesn't seem to have any appeal to the actors or a lot of fans now.

But it's a good list overall. I'm mostly going to look for the 1963 episodes and some of the 70s and 80s.

• Members

I think most of the fans still love them. It's a question of what has become of Luke. But I think most fans yearn for him to be redeemed, for that to be brought back to life. I know I do, even when he seems past the point of recovery.

• Members

I think there is a nostalgia for what was, but I have seen very little reaction to this return, and not much to her last return. I'm sure some people will always remember the glory days, but Genie and Tony aren't playing it, haven't in a long time, have bashed that era and the writing in interviews. I know it's petty but I just wish time wasn't being spent on those reruns I've seen a dozen times, for a couple that have already been feted a dozen million times.

• Members

I'll judge their performances and the fan reaction once this gets going in the next few weeks. What they've given to them so far is mostly crud or blink and you miss it, I suspect in the hopes of keeping Genie's appearances within her guarantee and frontloading her only in this upcoming story. That's FV's usual approach.

I also think a lot of the online reaction is very repetitious and cynical for the sake of it at times - depending on which enclave we're in we have the same sixty or seventy people. There's a lot GH does wrong, but even if Genie and Tony come to work for this I'm not sure people would give them credit. I did think a lot of GF's last return worked, at least on her end and Tony's.

But yeah, someone needs to tell Tony to stop with the [!@#$%^&*] drinking.

Archived